RE:U saw a man at a nude beach wearing a penis ring. Any thoughts?

Woodsman wrote

But my point, which I hope you'll concede, is that we don't do our movement any good if we exclude people with tattoos or cock rings or other adornments

Woodsman also wrote.

For me, it's not a matter of anybody conceding anything.

I wrote this bit.

My point is, I dont exclude anyone, but I concede its far more challenging for the promotion of the nudist lifestyle as a safe, non sexualised practice if some people are sticking ironmongery to their genitals.

But hay ho. Its their choice as a nudist to wear what they want, to hell what people think and its everyone elses problem to be welcoming and inclusive.

This post was edited

StevieLorna wrote:
My point is, I dont exclude anyone, but I concede its far more challenging for the promotion of the nudist lifestyle as a safe, non sexualised practice if some people are sticking ironmongery to their genitals.

That is an excellent point. We do have to be concerned with the "public face" of our philosophy. Which is why we have to alert people with such ironmongery that they should take it off or dial it back when we're around people whom we're trying to convince that we're not perverts. I don't see that as a real problem at nudist beaches, though, especially if there are enough normal nudists to obscure the weirdos. Resorts have their own rules.

Your concerns are probably more valid for the UK, though, where nudism is generally allowed and tolerated in places that the US and other countries would consider inappropriate for nudity. So your contact with the general public is probably greater than it is here, and you are more "on parade" than we are. The only events here are World Naked Bike Rides and the Gay Pride parades.... and the latter are not seen as indicative of nudism in general, just a small subculture.

This post was edited

I was at a naakstranden in Holland [nudist park next to a lake] i was queing up at the kiosk, [a little info here, around the kiosk are there are toilets and kids swings,further to the right is a gay section and to the left of the kiosk its everyone else,there nothing official its just accepted the Dutch are liberal people.

So iam waiting to buy a coffee at the kiosk when a guy appears from the gay section he has a cock ring on and hes almost fully erect , A young Dutch woman went mad at him i dont fully understand Dutch buit i get the gist and her body language. She was really putting him in his place ie this is a family area .

Ive never worn a cockring myself i know others do thats fine iam not for or against but to wear one when semi erect or erect is not the best idea when amongst the general naturist population be descreet.

This post was edited

Thanks for sharing your experience. It reinforces the concept that simply being naked doesnt mean anything goes and families have a much right to enjoy social nudist spaces. Shows that even in countries normally relaxed about social nudity there are boundaries around sexual behavior.

I was at a naakstranden in Holland [nudist park next to a lake] i was queing up at the kiosk,

This post was edited