Ain't nothing like the first time

I've spent the morning on a clothing optional beach called Birdie Beach in NSW Australia. It was an early start and an overcast day, and as usual the only people here were the older males.
But this was punctuated by a middle age couple who certainly appeared to be going nude for the first time.
All the signs were there; reluctance at first to shed their clothing and keeping away from 'all those men'. Then there was the jumping around and frolicking once their clothes were off. In and out of the water several times. Kissing and hugging on the beach!
It was a delight to see! Even if it's not their first time, they seem to have captured that and replay it!

This topic was edited
RE:Ain't nothing like the first time

I started out as a home nudist, I first started laying out in the backyard shirtless. I later ended up removing my bikini swimsuit and became comfortable laying out naked. Love the feeling and the warmth of the sun on my body. My first public experience was going to a clothing optional hot springs while on vacation. I was really looking forward and was not one bit hesitant when I arrived. I arrived at the trailhead where I had to pay an entrance fee and was informed that I may see nudity at the hot springs. It was a short hike to the hot springs and upon arrival there were a few naked people using the hot springs with one naked guy laid face up on a large flat rock. I was prepared since I was already shirtless and didnt hesitate dropping my hiking shorts and placing the in y backpack along with my shoes. No one paid any attention to me while I wandered around naked from one pool of warm water to another. I had an awesome time being totally free from clothes that day and enjoyed the freedom of being naked out in nature. From that day, I have searched out other places to be naked, including finding trails to hike naked on in the mountains and desert.

This post was edited

I've spent the morning on a clothing optional beach called Birdie Beach in NSW Australia. It was an early start and an overcast day, and as usual the only people here were the older males.

Is this typical of all C/O beaches in Australia? You turn up to a nude beach and its all old men?

European beaches are much more couples oriented, you do get other groups, and a lot of single men, but its couples for the most part.

Ive mentioned our first time before. About discovering a C/O beach on holiday and deciding to opt out of our cloths, and have never booked a holiday that we couldnt be nude since.

I think our life would have turned out much differently if our first time was on that beach and it was all old men . I doubt very much if we would been naturists now.

This post was edited

I've spent the morning on a clothing optional beach called Birdie Beach in NSW Australia. It was an early start and an overcast day, and as usual the only people here were the older males.Is this typical of all C/O beaches in Australia? You turn up to a nude beach and its all old men?European beaches are much more couples oriented, you do get other groups, and a lot of single men, but its couples for the most part.Ive mentioned our first time before. About discovering a C/O beach on holiday and deciding to opt out of our cloths, and have never booked a holiday that we couldnt be nude since.I think our life would have turned out much differently if our first time was on that beach and it was all old men . I doubt very much if we would been naturists now.

I can't speak for Australia and I have only been to 1 nude beach in the US, Gunnison. While Gunnison is not all older men, they are definitely overrepresented compared to the overall population.

This post was edited

I can only really speak for Sunnyside North near suburban Melbourne and the only CO beach near the city where females probably peak at 25% but are commonly around 10%. Both as a part of a couple and on their own and I don't recall seeing them get any attention beyond a glance or sometimes a cordial chat.

I passed Lady Bay in Sydney once and it was mostly, if not exclusively, male but it is one of a number of options for CO bathing in Sydney and one that has a popular walking trail in full view of the tiny strip of sand, so not for the cautious ones.

This post was edited

by nude4070:All the signs were there; reluctance at first to shed their clothing and keeping away from 'all those men'.

It would have been nice to introduce yourself, but given the circumstances, the risk of scaring them off would certainly make me pause. I have walked past such people wearing just a smile in case they want to engage, but it hasn't happened. Perhaps, especially for the first time, they prefer to keep to themselves. :-)

This post was edited

I was vacationing in Colombia S. America and could not go on the small group scuba dive because of my pacemaker. That left me with a solo day from the group. As we walked by a tourist shop there was a sign that read GET NAKED IN BEAUTIFUL PLACES. I played dumb and asked my guide what that meant. He said " there is a beach you can go nude at " I asked him to help me get there while they were off diving.
He showed me the logistics and the next morning I set off for this official nude beach which is part of a national park on the Caribbean.
The boat ride there was wild , for one I really had no idea how far the ride was and around every headland i thought the boat would go to shore. We did make it and i made it to the mostly deserted beach and took off my clothes. After some sun and surf time I began to wander the
long beach, carrying my clothes with me. I came across a group of 20 somethings in the water . They all spoke some English but were
from a hodgepodge of S. American countries. Somehow I got the vibe that for most of the group they had never been skinny dipping like that but were enjoying it. I did get one of them on shore to take a pic of all of us in the water which hides enough that there is no full frontal but it is clear we are all bare.
The boat ride on the way back was even wilder. Instead of half full we had well over capacity based on the numbered bench seats and we were heading into the waves. There was a a constant spray of seawater over the boat and I said to the 3 Brits sitting next to me as we got off
" does the phrase " drowned rat" come to mind?" They agreed it did.

This post was edited

My interest in nudity started as a young teen. I loved the sensation of the sun soaking in on my nude self. For the next twenty years or so, I sought places to enjoy this solo as I had never run across anyone else who shared my interest. As the internet developed, I realized there were private resorts for this, albeit a 6-7 hours drive from me, which made it especially difficult to visit since my wife was adamantly against my nudity, and raising children had put my nude time on hold.
One of my sporting activities included being a scuba diving dive master on a 130-foot diving boat during the summer months. This worked out great, as I could dive alone while others were onboard during rest stops. My tiny Speedo was easy to remove and tuck away into my vest. I enjoyed hours of nude diving solo.
The trip to the boat was a 7-hour drive from home in the adjacent state and lasted several days. On one of those trips, I arrived at the boat to check in for a seven-day excursion and found the ship had a mechanical issue that would take two days to repair. I knew the closest nude resort was four hours away. I called them to discover they would accept my overnight visit. I arrived just as the sun set nervous as ever. The gate had been left open for me. I pulled into an overnight camping spot in my van and stripped immediately. I could not wait to discover the freedom of accepted nudity and walked around a bit in the dark. Then I realized the lights were on in one of the buildings. I could see several people inside moving about; I had to investigate since they looked from a distance to be nude. As I approached others naked for the first time, my excitement was uncontrollable. I held my small towel in my hand as I entered. There were eight people, which included two females playing darts. They were earnest about it and hardly noticed me as I sat quietly a bit away to observe. This was the first time I had been nude with others.
One of the men stood and stated if I wanted to join, I needed my darts. They realized I was new to the area and asked me to sit closer. I immediately sprung up and moved up. That walk up to them naked was exhilarating, and I could not hide it. Being seasoned nudists they introduced themselves and proceeded with their game.
As I watched, I realized I had finally discovered what it was like to be around other nudists. I found it hard to believe that we were all naked, and yet it was customary to them. I made a notable attempt not to stare inappropriately, but this was the first time a nude female had stood feet away interacting with everyone and the first time I had observed a shaven female.
After thirty minutes, they closed the game and told everyone goodbye for the evening. I wandered back to my van in utter delight.
I could not wait for dawn the next day to discover what lay ahead.
After the front office opened, I decided to walk up the quarter-mile road to check in naked! I grabbed my wallet and stepped towards one of the most exciting walks of my life. I passed several people out already. Everyone was naked; It felt so good to be there as I walked down the lane. Stepping into the office naked, I was shaking and unsure if it was accepted. The attendant showed no discord, and when several other patrons entered the gift shop nude, I knew I had landed in the right place.
I rented one of the cabins and spent the two-day delay there. The pool and volleyball court attracted around 40-50 people that day. I never felt better interacting with perfect strangers who were all perfectly happy being naked together. The sensation of standing naked and conversing with a nude female who had nothing to hide and was perfectly happy to display herself was overwhelming. I realized I was finally in the right place!

This post was edited

I've spent the morning on a clothing optional beach called Birdie Beach in NSW Australia. It was an early start and an overcast day, and as usual the only people here were the older males.Is this typical of all C/O beaches in Australia? You turn up to a nude beach and its all old men?European beaches are much more couples oriented, you do get other groups, and a lot of single men, but its couples for the most part.Ive mentioned our first time before. About discovering a C/O beach on holiday and deciding to opt out of our cloths, and have never booked a holiday that we couldnt be nude since.I think our life would have turned out much differently if our first time was on that beach and it was all old men . I doubt very much if we would been naturists now.

Sadly it is rather usual at Australian beaches that I have been to. Mostly older European extracted older men. There is little diversity at all.
Having said that I returned later in the day also. By that stage the male:female ratio was around 10:1 (I counted). All up nearly 30 men and only three women that I could see.
And here they wonder why clothing optional beaches are being closed and unofficial ones being patrolled

This post was edited

My story starts in my forties, unfortunately. I had dallied with some exhibitionism earlier, and many here will know of the streaking and skinny dipping moments many from that era did enjoy. Those were great, and luckily never got me and my friends/lovers in trouble, and there were some close calls. But while living out in California for the bulk of 2004, I found a website that listed nude beaches in the state and determined I had to find out what it was all about.

The first two beaches I tried were inland and on rivers up not too far from the coast, but they were difficult to locate by the piecemeal directions other people had offered on the website, and both turned out to be devoid of any other people, so that was a bust. And one of these beaches even had two female rangers wandering around, which did scare me because I was convinced by the website that what I was attempting wasn't going to get me into any hot water. Luckily, the assumed senior of the two rangers simply yelled at me from about fifty feet away that what I was doing wasn't legal and that I needed to move on, after which they went another direction and that was that. If they'd come closer I likely would have been in deep doo doo since I wasn't only suntanning nude but had also popped a cold brewsky ~ and drinking in public will still get you busted in what is probably the most liberal of our fifty states. They were too far away to see my 40 oz. drink and I bundled up my stuff and got the fuck gone.

And then I learned of Red Rocks beach and ooh I did fall in love with that place in the few months I was living out west. It was a lot further away from where we lived in Napa so the journey was long (and a little expensive with gas well over $2.00 a gallon, very expensive at that time), and I was so nervous but also very excited on the trip out to the coast. I wasn't sure how I would react once I got there, but it didn't take long for me to realize that the absolute beautiful and free feeling it brought me was something I truly needed in my life once I'd shed the clothes there. The hike down the cliffs to reach the beach was somewhat challenging, and just before reaching the nude pocket beach, I came across a few rock climbers doing their thing on the sea stack I walked past, This made me feel some nervousness, worrying that I would be seen by others who weren't nude. But around the final rocky outcrop there was the spot I was looking for, and outside of the view of the climbers, with only about a dozen or more other people scattered around here and there, some on the rather small sandy area but most of them up in little nooks going up the cliff side, small areas inviting to a newbie like me, to give a little touch of privacy until I could get acclimated. The whole beach was maybe 200 feet from left rock to right, about seventy feet from cliff to the Pacific ocean splashing loudly with high tide going on, the sun somewhat hidden with the haze - which it turns out is very common north of San Francisco that time of year. I was surely there to catch a tan but that wasn't all that important that first trip, I was more curious of what the feeling of being around others without clothes would be like.

I tried not to gawk at the others - they were mostly couples, even a young family there, and a few single guys like me. I could feel their eyes on me but it was all smiles and nods or more of an ignoring vibe from most of the other nudists. I needed to get my clothes off so I walked with purpose up toward the cliffs and found an alcove with no one in it, and did then feel the loving caress of the place as I sat down and took off my tennis shoes - and everything else. There were two couples in alcoves above me who could look down into my spot, but they weren't paying any attention to the new nude dude, so my initial worry about the level of excitement I felt from being out in the open did calm quickly and I could then let the whole experience in, the sounds and the smells, the strong breeze across my skin, the heat of the sun and the taste of salt in the air. I had brought my liquid and smokable incentives to relax my body and mind and did pop a beer and take a long drag and let myself breathe in the special moments, it having been many months since my last visit to any beach - and that was in North Carolina, a place completely different in most every way from Red Rocks. The ocean was all pure, raw power compared to my eastern oceanfront experiences, and the massive rock outcrops to each side formed a surreal, almost other-worldliness frame to the place. I decided it was time to explore a little, now that I was becoming attuned to the feelings I was having, and took my can of beer down to the surf and stepped into the chilly, roiling brine, shaking as I stepped in, not from the temperature but more from the knowledge that I had no idea what I'd been missing out on - bathing suits and all the BS that comes with them. When my genitals got their first splash I did make a noise akin to something a schoolgirl might utter at her first experience on a horse beginning its gallop under her, shuddering to the exposure and the ecstasy I was feeling. How in the hell did it take me so long to try this?!?!

Needless to say, I had been firmly bitten by the bare bug and was forever altered on that day. Three other trips to Red Rocks in the last few months we spent in Cali only cemented my need to be naked in the sun and among others. My lady at the time had no interest in this new pursuit I'd stumbled upon, and once we parted ways in 2012, I was the luckiest guy when I met my sexy honey here at our resort. Now the life we lead here together is always without clothes, and the fullness in my heart gotten through being immersed fully into the world of baredom with my partner is overflowing!

This post was edited