Looking around Colorado.

Just curious, what's the normal age range of people at Valley View? I frequent Dakota Hot Springs (The Well) and I find I am often the youngest guy there, and I'm 35..... Mainly looking for somewhere in Colorado that has more of a following of people closer to my age than the normal 60+ crowd. Thanks!

This topic was edited
RE: Looking around Colorado.

Just curious, what's the normal age range of people atValley View? I frequent Dakota Hot Springs (The Well) and I find Iam often the youngest guy there, and I'm 35..... Mainly looking forsomewhere in Colorado that has more of a following of people closerto my age than the normal 60+ crowd. Thanks!
Barely past newborn (seen it) to over 100 (seen it). Weekends
are more generally more crowded and therefore more of an
age-range.

Reservations are highly recommended (even just a day trip) as they
have daily quota's (not by gender, just in general).

I will be there 28 July - 3 August (I'm 53, almost 54).

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Just curious, what's the normal age range of people atValley View? I frequent Dakota Hot Springs (The Well) and I find Iam often the youngest guy there, and I'm 35..... Mainly looking forsomewhere in Colorado that has more of a following of people closerto my age than the normal 60+ crowd. Thanks!
age-range.

John aka cobeachbum

do you know if they allow visitors to take a short tour? we plan to return with our motorhome in the near future and wanted to get a sense of the lay of the land, which sites would work best for us and so on.
We won't have time for a day visit, just an hour or so.
Thanks!

This post was edited

age-range.

John aka cobeachbum

do you know if they allow visitors to take a short tour? we plan to
return with our motorhome in the near future and wanted to get a
sense of the lay of the land, which sites would work best for us
and so on.

We won't have time for a day visit, just an hour or so.

Thanks!

You can call and ask.719-256-4315. Office Hours:
9:00am to 10:00pm MT. There is a site map on their web page with descriptions. (www.olt.org/vvhs/camping/vehicle-campinggives the descriptions, along with a PDF map). The loop road has some pretty tight spots on it, the worst of which is the corner at site H & G.If your motorhome is large, it won't make it. One of my friends that had a greyhound type bus converted into a motorhome would pull into the main lot, back up towards the main pool, then drive back out and use spot "W" which has power available. Your other best options for a large motorhome are spots T, S, & R, all of which have access to power. If anyone finds themselves there July 29th through August 4th, I will be there in spot R.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited