DE
DesertRat

General Discussion

"New Improved Format"

Posted Nov 12, 2016

Replies146
DE
DesertRat
DesertRatOriginal Poster
Nov 12, 2016
I am finding this new format for the Forums very difficult to follow. It is very confusing. Is anyone else having similar problems? The games are no longer fun because they are becoming so difficult to use. Are these changes really necessary. Remember the old saying; "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I would like the owner to explain these changes and why they are necessary. I see that we have a few more bells and whistles but I was wondering if they just couldn't be added to the old format and not create a whole, new format. It's like throwing the baby out with the bath water. DesertRat
ReactReplySubscribe

Replies

  • DE
    DesertRat
    DesertRatOriginal Poster
    Nov 12, 2016
    It took me three tries to post this new topic. That is unacceptable. I kept getting messages to send a report. Why am I now listed as a Textile?
    ReactReply
  • TH
    thomasstierney
    Nov 12, 2016
    I'm having problems as well. see my post in ANYTHING ELSE titled THIS IS CONFUSING
    ReactReply
  • 21
    21finish
    Nov 12, 2016

    Like most changes there is going to be a learning curve but I'm not having much of a problem moving around or posting. It does require some experimentation to get to some things but I attribute that to just learning slightly new page layouts. I think the pages are more crisp. With some more use of the new and improved, most of us will be okay with it.

    ReactReply
  • MA
    ManOfWicklow
    Nov 12, 2016
    I'm not having much fun with it either. Shall have to wait and see how it goes over the next few weeks.
    ReactReply
  • IM
    IMHAWK07
    Nov 12, 2016

    Is gonna take a while for us all to get used to the new format I'm sure. Game, what games? Here?

    ReactReply
  • TH
    thomasstierney
    Nov 13, 2016
    This is really bad. Everything is backwards. it's nearly impossible to use.
    ReactReply
  • MA
    ManOfWicklow
    Nov 13, 2016
    It was far better 5 years ago, than it is now. I shall not be signing in very often, to the new DOWNGRADED site.
    ReactReply
  • TH
    thomasstierney
    Nov 13, 2016
    Looks like we can ignore that crap
    ReactReply
  • MA
    ManOfWicklow
    Nov 13, 2016
    [quote]Looks like we can ignore that crap
    [/quote]Must be talking about Trump again.
    ReactReply
  • TH
    thomasstierney
    Nov 13, 2016
    [quote][quote]Looks like we can ignore that crap
    [/quote]Must be talking about Trump again.
    [/quote]Nope - "New Improved Format"
    ReactReply
  • BI
    BillBowser
    Nov 13, 2016

    What new improved format? Everything looks exactly the same on my iPad.

    ReactReply
  • TH
    thomasstierney
    Nov 13, 2016
    [quote]What new improved format? Everything looks exactly the same on my iPad.[/quote]the beta test thinghy takes you to a new format that is really confusing.
    ReactReply
  • BI
    BillBowser
    Nov 13, 2016

    Um, beta test thingy? Did I just enter an alternate reality? I'm konfuzed.

    ReactReply
  • TH
    thomasstierney
    Nov 13, 2016
    When you sign in at the top of the page is a message inviting you to test the beta test site. I hated it. Couldn't.t get back here for two days.
    ReactReply
  • A_
    a_mad_man
    Nov 13, 2016

    For a couple of days I was unable to get onto the Forums part of the site but I could use the groups which is the main thing I do on this site. But I haven't seen what has been improved yet so it is mostly like a political statement which is a lot of hot air and nothing else.

    ReactReply
  • MA
    ManOfWicklow
    Nov 13, 2016
    The new site should be an improvement for many things, but NOT the main Forums. The new Forum layout is just one big joke, and is a step back into absolute chaos.
    ReactReply
  • CO
    cobeachbum
    Nov 13, 2016
    [quote]It took me three tries to post this new topic. That is unacceptable. I kept getting messages to send a report. Why am I now listed as a Textile?[/quote] The ranking seems to be inconsistent between pages. For instance, on your post above, it shows your first post as Textile, then as supernudist, then it changed to UltraNudist after I posted this originally. I think I've submitted at least 5 bug reports now. John aka cobeachbum
    ReactReply
  • TH
    thomasstierney
    Nov 14, 2016
    to restore original title to thread
    ReactReply
  • CO
    cobeachbum
    Nov 14, 2016
    [quote]torestore original title to thread[/quote] Another bug. I didn't change it to just RE: RE: John aka cobeachbum
    ReactReply
  • MA
    ManOfWicklow
    Nov 14, 2016
    The new site should be an improvement for many things, but NOT the main Forums. The new Forum layout is just one big joke, and is a step back into absolute chaos.
    Not one improvement has ever been made to the Forum pages, with any site upgrade.
    ReactReply
  • TE
    teamtrue2
    Nov 14, 2016
    [quote][quote]torestore original title to thread[/quote] Another bug. I didn't change it to just RE: RE: John aka cobeachbum[/quote]If you are experiencing bugs on the Beta site please use the "Bug Report" button and explain the issue thoroughly so that it can be acknowledged and fixed.
    ReactReply
  • TH
    thomasstierney
    Nov 14, 2016
    [quote]The new site should be an improvement for many things, but NOT the main Forums. The new Forum layout is just one big joke, and is a step back into absolute chaos.
    Not one improvement has ever been made to the Forum pages, with any site upgrade.
    [/quote]I'll stay with the old format as long as I can. The new Forum is definitely absolute chaos. That is not what I paid for.
    ReactReply
  • A_
    a_mad_man
    Nov 14, 2016

    I have not yet seen this 'New improved format' and I will be sticking to the devil I know but a couple of times the login hasn't gone as it should have as I just get some text to log in and not the whole page.

    ReactReply
  • CO
    cobeachbum
    Nov 15, 2016
    [quote]torestore original title to thread Another bug. I didn't change it to just RE: RE: John aka cobeachbumIf you are experiencing bugs on the Beta site please use the "Bug Report" button and explain the issue thoroughly so that it can be acknowledged and fixed.[/quote] I've already submitted six bug reports. The most annoying so far is that you can't change pages in the forums. John aka cobeachbum
    ReactReply