Accurate depiction of real life nudism in article

IMO the article expresses an authentic and accurate depiction of the naturism/nudism in Florida the nudist capital of the US. With stories and photos of naturist from across the country.

Way down upon the Suwannee River, purists and partiers clash over the movements founding doctrineFlorida calls itself the Sunshine State, but thats just a come-on for tourists. Other states, like New Mexico, get more sun than Florida. The truth is, several Florida cities get more annual rainfall than notoriously-soggy Seattle.Nevertheless, its near year-round semitropical warmth makes Florida an ideal place for folks whose clothing preference is no clothes at all. If you enjoy wearing your birthday suit, having warm weather most of the year helps, said Erich Schuttauf, executive director of the American Association for Nude Recreation. You can enjoy it 10 months of the year, if not all 12.

Continue to source: https://www.documentjournal.com/2022/12/in-pasco-county-florida-nudist-capital-usa-the-body-politic-is-on-fully-display/

This topic was edited
RE:Accurate depiction of real life nudism in article

Insights from this article include the historical context , the idea that nudism is more than just nakedness, the reality of perisistent issues around diversity or the lack of it. The real tension between people who are non sexual naturists and the nude partier who called themselves nudists and the difference between online and real life social nudity.

This post was edited

i'm still waiting for Florida first nude city i suspect it may eventually happen because Florida thrives on the tourist $$$ . when it happens i'll move back :)

This post was edited

Not a city, but Cypress Cove has a gym, 2 restaurants, a 9 hole golf course and a few stores on site.

This post was edited

Too expensive to stay in the nudist resorts there. I shall not be contributing to their 7 billion dollar a year nudism income.

This post was edited

Rates are not out of line with standard resorts.

This post was edited

These are both accurate statements that indicate there needs to be an examination of the naturist business model to create more affordable and accessible nude recreation options. Cost is a deterrent to be sure.

Too expensive to stay in the nudist resorts there. I shall not be contributing to their 7 billion dollar a year nudism income.

Rates are not out of line with standard resorts.

This post was edited

If youre at a venue that does not have two restaurants & the like amenities, I think youll discover that it is quite reasonable. If it now costs you $20 to get out of Wendys for two folks, what do you expect to pay for a visit to a property / campground that must pay taxes, & the light bill 365 days a year? This type of affordable mindset truly troubles me, as anyone who has been exposed to a business model knows that nothing is what you get for nothing. Im going to keep going to my frugal campground in the woods & enjoying my nude time there. Have any of you ever read *The Incredible Bread Machine *? Its an eye opener. And, please excuse my short soap box dialogue.

This post was edited

I disagree that the main tension is between residents who live in the nude for their health, and to fulfill a longing for nature, and those who have other motivations for shucking off their clothes. I also disagree with the hypocrisy that some subscribe to pure naturism - nudity for its own sake - as a doctrine that's practiced religiously.
The tension is that private landed clubs are exclusive, practice sexist discrimination, and the doctrine is about making money. Imagine if a private golf club charged nonmembers $175 dollars to play if they were women and only $20 for women to play (as cited in the article with entrance fees but the other way around). They're a lawsuit waiting to happen.

This post was edited

If you want to encourage women to play golf, you give them an incentive.

Standard business practice.

This post was edited

Clearly he has not been to a night club lately when there are some night where women get in for free and men are charged a standard cover just to get in. Then there are other incentives with drinks etc where women pass less than men. No discrimination lawsuit being filed because it isnt an unusual or unlawful business practice to incentivize participation of an under represented group. The problem IMO is being stuck in the past and unable to see past an individual incident to what is now.

If you want to encourage women to play golf, you give them an incentive.Standard business practice.

This post was edited