RE: Sex Offender Label?

In this day and age, the adverse publicity coupled with the risk of prosecution and a record, makes anything other than a very remote area, not worth the risk.
100% agree

This post was edited

In this day and age, the adverse publicity coupled with the risk of prosecution and a record, makes anything other than a very remote area, not worth the risk.
100% agree
200% agree!!!!!
hey...
you cant raize when i am already stripped down...

This post was edited

I think my earlier post mayhave been too optimistic. I just read about arrests made by the Boulder Colorado police during the 2009 World Naked Bike Ride. They did make a public announcement beforehand - anyone with exposed genitals would be subject to arrest, charged with indecent exposure, and if things went badly for them in court, they could be added to a sex offender registry. This seems ironic, in that the definition of indecent exposure usually includes some mention of sexual gratification as a motive for the person being charged. I find it hard to make that connection in a case like this. But if the police can decide that full nudity (genital exposure) during a gathering that is advertised as a civil protest somehow constitutes sexual gratification, how much easier would it be for them to make the same case should they pull over a naked motorist?

This post was edited

Better question yet If you drive a mobile home Arent you allowed to be naked at your own home???

Not if you can be seen from the public right of way in most states. I think you mean a motor home. A mobile home is a manufactured home sometimes called a trailer, single or doublewide. :)

This post was edited

Being labeled a sex offender....depends on where and under what circumstances you are found/cited.

This post was edited

OK, it sounds as if most people feel it isnt worth the risk, that the possible penalties outweigh the enjoyment factor.
So it begs the question, if an individual can be labelled as a sex offender for being nude while driving, could the same happen for being nude on the beach, on the boat, on your patio, in the yard, .....
You get the idea..... do the states who label nudists as sex offenders water down the meaning of the term, and is there any recourse for an individual who may be tarred with this very wide brush.
No, I have not had this kind of a run in, I am just putting this out there for discussion.

This post was edited

OK, it sounds as if most people feel it isnt worth the risk, that the possible penalties outweigh the enjoyment factor. So it begs the question, if an individual can be labelled as a sex offender for being nude while driving, could the same happen for being nude on the beach, on the boat, on your patio, in the yard, ..... You get the idea..... do the states who label nudists as sex offenders water down the meaning of the term, and is there any recourse for an individual who may be tarred with this very wide brush. No, I have not had this kind of a run in, I am just putting this out there for discussion.

This also varies by state. In Texas, guests of a resot are safe because it is private property as would you in your house or patio. Technicially you should be able to in your front yard, however I know of officers who arrested someone for public intoxication when they stepped off their porch onto the yard. This was in response to a domestic disturbance at a home and they were mainly trying to seperate the two. These would not apply to a boat on a public waterway. I think the reason the one legal nude beach here is allowed is that it is a county park, not on state owned land. As I mentioned in a previous post, simple nudity would simply be a citation normally without arrest.
Lewd behavior is not normally used since the wording of the law reqires the prosecutor to prove intent to arouse or alarm. This is a higher charge and carry up to six months in jail and/or $2000 fine. You would get arrested for having sex at nude beach and charged at the higher lever.

This post was edited

I don't think that rule apply's in Australia. I was driving nude, with 2 mates of mine nude in the back seat, when my car broke down over an intersection. I had to quickly grab a towel to push the car across the lights.. There was a cop car right behind me, and all they did was put their lights on so I could push it across the lights to the other side safely.. They wondered why my mates didn't jump out and help me, but when they looked in the back seat they were still naked.. It was only a 2 door car. We were told to get dressed and catch a cab.. The officers had a sweet grin on their faces and I thanked them for helping me cross the lights.. No fines were issued and I wasn't reported as offensive, nor were they.. So we caught a cab home..

This post was edited

nudeemu if you notice its only the politicians in the USA that are stupid but you will also notice how many of them are caught in sexual incidents that are questionable, i thinkwhen they vote they think about their sick little minds and can't separate right from wrong. what is sad is that it is getting worse rather than better, back in the 70's and 80's if you got caught nude most of time you would get a warning or worse a ticket but never would you get labeled a sexual predator.

This post was edited

I have to say that it all sounds rather sad :-(

This post was edited