Orvis hot springs

Anyone ever been? I just went and it was AMAZING

This topic was edited
RE:Orvis hot springs

It sounds like a nice place to visit! I've been to Telluride, not too far away, and it's pretty country. Might be a bit chilly for clothing-free visiting right now, though.

This post was edited

on our bucket list too maybe 2022 road trip

This post was edited

My roommate and I spent a week at Orvis last year. We were in one of their tent sites. We found the establishment to be very clean, very relaxed and a fantastic experience. The Hot Springs has been there since the early 1900s and so the townspeople come and go without any thought...some clothed and some nude. Meals are still 'in town' and you need to eat early as most of the town closes up by 8pm.

This post was edited

I finally got to go last night. It was great! They are pretty busy and the camping sites were booked up. I ended up camping down the road at a different campsite. But I went for a soak in the evening. The staff was super nice. They explained everything. I saw them out checking temperatures on the pools. There were some people that were nude and some that weren't. But everyone just did their own thing. I found the pool with the temperature I liked the best. Btw, they are different depths, like 2 ft or 3 ft or 4 ft. They also have a cold plunge and a sauna. It's definitely worth stopping by!

This post was edited

It's been about 8 years since I last went since it's a bit of a drive from Denver. It was with a previous girlfriend who was a bit reserved, but she was in great shape and had a great body so nothing to be worried about from her point of view, although we all have our own reservations about certain things with our bodies.

We arrived around 1:30 and since it was late April it was a bit cooler. We changed out of our clothes and all I put on was my robe since you have to remain clothed inside, she was still reserved so I told her to just keep her swimsuit on underneath if she was still uncomfortable with being nude, it is clothing optional after all. She did and put her robe over and we walked out, I had my phone with us since we had a reservation for one of the private tubs reserved so only had a little over an hour in the outdoor ponds before that. As we were walking to the bigger pool, the pond I took my robe off and was just carrying that and my towel and phone. She kind of giggled and said I guess you don't have any reservations...nope I said. I told her it's her choice we can try out one of the other pools if she wants to do that first...saying again it's totally ok if you don't want to take your swimsuit off. We walked the rest of the way to the pond, passing another couple coming back that was totally nude and exchanging hellos. The pond had quite a few people in it, maybe 20 so she said let's check out the other ones. The smoking pond had a few people in it too, so we continued on to the island pond I think it's called. There were four people in this one and they were all nude. I asked her what do you think. She said it's cold so lets just get in. I set my stuff on a bench and she took her robe off, looked at me and said "well, fuck it" and pulled her bikini bottoms off tossing them on the bench and then her top. I laughed and said "that's the attitude, it's not like we will ever see any of these people again" which made her laugh. We both got in the pool to warm up...and it felt great! There were two other couples there, but we kind of went off to the side a bit away from them and just relaxed and enjoyed the pool and chatting for about 15 minutes. One of the other couples left, and she was still a bit nervous keeping her back to the other couple. I was getting hot, so I sat on the side of the pool to cool down a bit. The other remaining couple was older, I'd say late 50's and they came a bit closer and said hello. I was kind of facing them a bit, but made no effort to cover up, thinking this would maybe put her more at ease. We chatted with them for a bit and since I was getting cold hopped back in, they were friendly and this put her a bit more at ease. She said she was getting hot so I said we could go to the cooling pool or do you want to sit on the side for a bit. She said ok, hopping out and sitting on the side while i stayed in the pool and we just relaxed for a bit before she finally hopped back in. We weren't sure how long we had been there, so I hopped back out to check my phone, we still had about 20 minutes so I just set a timer and got back in. The older couple started making their way to the side, and said they were going over to the big pool, maybe see you in a bit. We said sure, but we had a tub reservation so it might be a bit. After they left, she was giggling and saying I think she really likes you, she kept checking out your package and I laughed and said I noticed...it's all good. We got close and kind of cuddled a bit and started making out since we had the pool to ourselves. She said it's really nice here, and being nude is kind of like jumping in cold water. You adjust to it and then it feels nice, we made out some more until the timer on my phone went off so I hopped out to turn it off. We picked up our stuff and I asked if she was going to put her robe on yet, nope unless you are. I laughed and said nope, not a chance, we held hands as we walked back by the smoking pool and the big pond on our way back in, finally putting our robes on at the doorway to go back in.

The soaking tub we had reserved was number 2 and it was really nice, and seemed very clean. We both stripped our robes off and hopped in and continued our make out session, which obviously led to other things that i won't go into details with here. After we finished we put our robes back on, but i was going to put my phone back away...she said here can you put this away too and grab my smokes, handing me her swimsuit. Wohoo I said, so you are comfortable now and she said yep, it's not a big deal and thanks for being patient. She said I'll wait for you outside, so I went to put our stuff away and grabbing her smokes walking back out. She was waiting on the path with her robe off and looked amazing so I quickly pulled my robe off giving her a kiss. She was definitely more at ease and we made our way past the pond which still had quite a few people in it and over to the smoking pond. There were probably around 4 people here or so, we both set our robes down and she pulled out a cigarette...and said get me one too. We were both facing towards the pond and she made no effort to cover herself as we both lit up and then got in the pool. We chatted with a couple of people here as we smoked and this pond was a bit hotter it seemed. We hung out for about 15 minutes and then decided to go to the pond...hopping out and walking over totally nude again. I'd guess there were around 15 - 20 people or so here, including the older couple from earlier so we made our way towards them and chatted for a while. We both would get out to sit on the side to cool a bit every once in a while, or to the plunge pond that's a bit cooler. The older lady was definitely checking my package out as I was sitting on the side and my girlfriend noticed this a few times too, giving me a look and smirking about it. The sun was going down now so it was getting cooler. They finally said they were heading out and exited the pool, my gf was still in the pool and I was sitting on the side cooling down again, she slid up between my legs, slyly reached between them and whispered she really likes looking at this huh, giving it a tug and a caress, It's mine though, which made me laugh out loud.

She said lets go have another smoke, so we hopped out and went back to the smoking pond again. There were definitely a few looky-loos in the pond as i looked at the peeps in the pond, I was facing it getting two cigarettes out and her lighter. I'm not sure if they were checking her out...which I would be too, or me. I didn't care and it didn't bother me at all, I didn't mention it to my gf since she was relaxed now and I didn't want it to weird her out. We walked over to the smoking pond leaving the rest of our stuff where it was, climbing in we were the only ones there. We finished our smokes, and started making out again...and we were both turned on. Since it was dark i whispered to her, no one is here still...she giggled and said I know as she hitched her legs up on either side of me and we had a quiet little quickie. We relaxed for a bit longer then got out and into the cooling pool briefly before getting back into the big pool. We just kind of hung out for a bit and I held her and we just chatted for a while...there were probably still the same amount of people in this pool. Some in a group and a few couple scattered about by themselves. It was fairly low light so you really coudn't see anyone else very well....but you could tell a few of the couples were making out, and at least one of them was having sex since you could hear some light moans. It kind of turned me on, and my girlfriend too as I felt her hand start touching and stroking me...we started to make out again. She turned away and put her armes on the side of the pool, I kind of hugged her, then slowly slide myself inside her. We both trying to be quiet, but she let out a few moans so I would quietly shoosh her and she would giggle. We just did that slowly for a good 5 minutes...just enjoying each other and I'm sure a few people knew what we were doing, but didn't say anything. Finally she started shaking as I kept going so I knew she was having an orgasm. She reached down between her legs and assisted in my finishing too. We probably spent another 30 minutes in the pool after that...and did notice 2 other couples go off to the side and hear them obviously doing the same thing we just did. We were turning into prunes so decided it was finally time to go back to our hotel, got out and dressed and back to get some dinner. A great expereince at Orvis for us.

This post was edited