Getting rid of the dirtbags

I agree that the site is not as naturist friendly as it should be and far too many fakes abound in the membership rolls; I have seen very few real suggestions regarding the best way to clean up the site. The only concrete suggestion was to use *Captcha* (spelling?) for aiding in keeping the bots out. TT2 said they used it in the sign up process to ward off fakes. I suspect that it has helped with the less sophisticated scammers but the better ones are able to circumvent the check or so it appears. An obvious answer would be a volunteer army to police the site but then you could easily have a *self selecting group* mentality that would stifle membership & participation without a lot of administration oversight. Here is one suggestion that would help; add more long time members as Chat moderators to cover unmoderated time and provide them with a ready list of warning / banishing behaviors. This same approach could be used in, basically, unmoderated or under-moderated groups where the initial moderator does little more than check-in every few weeks. Again, the group moderator *assistants* would need a set of rules for guidance that would be applied as the TN dirtbags made themselves known. These would aid immeasurably in disposing of the ever present trash here on TN. What suggestions do other folks have for site cleanup?

I originally posted this in the *Site improvements* at the bottom of the page but thought it fit better here; feel free to add your thoughts but keep it clean & positive, please.

This topic was edited
RE:Getting rid of the dirtbags

Interesting perspective. I think instituting an interaction limitation based on the percentage of a profile completed would help towed out some of the bots and creepies. Accounts should have only limited access to the sites features if they dont complete a particular percentage of their profile. Example, no messages no posts no pics no groups until 50% of profile complete. The Reddit approach that limits access to new account would help slow do the bots. So new accounts should not be able to post for or send messages for a set period of time.

Just my two cents on the subject.

This post was edited

Unpaid, you have read only access. This alone would solve 99% of the issues.

John aka CoBeachbum

This post was edited

Case in point in the chat room today an account that had joined less than an hour before with nothing in profile was propositioning people. Jumped into my DM trying to lure me and then seeding I am available messages to pretty much every active guy in the room. There was no mod at the time and this went on despite them being flagged. So I just blocked and moved on. Without a complete profile and with so little time an account should not be able to interact in the chat room.

This post was edited

Also it would be necessary that users give in their passport number and make a photo verification. Photo of their face with their passport. This should be checked regularly. Lets say every 12 months. If users dont do it, they loose their account.

This post was edited

I would trust this site or any other really with that kind of sensitive information. Identity theft is real and regular thing.

Also it would be necessary that users give in their passport number and make a photo verification. Photo of their face with their passport. This should be checked regularly. Lets say every 12 months. If users dont do it, they loose their account.

This post was edited

I would not trust this site or any other really with that kind of sensitive information. Identity theft is real and too regular a thing.

This post was edited

I would not trust this site or any other really with that kind of sensitive information. Identity theft is real and too regular a thing.Also it would be necessary that users give in their passport number and make a photo verification. Photo of their face with their passport. This should be checked regularly. Lets say every 12 months. If users dont do it, they loose their account.

I feel the same way.

This post was edited

Not everyone has a passport and given the complete lack of security on this site, I would never post it or send it to the owners anyway. Paid membership to do anything beyond read the forum posts is the easiest and most effective solution. No access to the gallery or any media, no chat, no groups.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

I agree that providing a passport reference is not a good idea especially as mentioned above the amount of identity fraud at the moment, but providing a photo with your name should be provided, i have done this on other sites and the photo remains private and can only be seen by the administrator

This post was edited

Unpaid members (yes I am one) already have many limitations here. More than some other sites. I would make being verified a condition for posting or DM's.

This post was edited