We’re moving to our new site — some features are paused

Browsing, signing up and upgrading still work. Messages, comments, friend requests, forums and uploads are paused for about 3 hours. See what’s paused

I Had a Great Naked Weekend!

I spent this weekend at Laguna Del Sol. I hung out with friends by the pool, worked out at the gym and ate at a restaurant naked the entire time. Oh, and I did laps in the saltwater pool. Has anyone else been to Laguna Del Sol? And if so what are your pros and cons.

This topic was edited
RE:I Had a Great Naked Weekend!

I'd love to visit one of these days before I head back south.

This post was edited
RE:I Had a Great Naked Weekend!

I have been there many times. I don't have a membership but know friends who do. They go a lot more than I do. We all love it. The restaurant is nice and the large pool is where most people hang out. To be honest, I didn't know they had a saltwater pool. Is that the one below the restaurant? I like the gym and the billiards room too. The grounds are nice and most people are friendly. My pros and cons are:
Pros, Game room and gym. Pickle-ball and tennis courts. All of the pools. Having the restaurant, club house and lodging. The "motel" style rooms are a nice touch and where I stay if I'm over-nighting. The clubhouse events and large lawn events are great.

My Cons: The restaurant is only open on weekends. I get it, if you can't fill the place then limit the hours. The food is average. Once I got a chicken sandwich and it seemed to be made from a frozen chicken patty. They could do better. I wish they had more "everyday" events offered like yoga, Qi Gong or other group things to do at the lawn. I think that would be a good way to meet new friends beside just chatting up around the pool. My biggest complaint is; The pools are not "clothing optional" like the rest of the grounds. My wife wants to come and be with me but she does not want to partake in being nude anywhere. While she is welcome outside of the pool fences, she is Not Welcome inside. That's unfortunate, and the reason I am always alone there. I understand the long held policy to prevent perverts and gawkers but at 66 y.o. she isn't there to stare at naked bodies while lying in a lounger with a wrap on. There could be a little better understanding for mixed couples who want to be together around the pool.

This post was edited
RE:I Had a Great Naked Weekend!

Hi, thanks for the feedback!

As far as I know only the main pool (social pool) and the pool up by the tennis court are saltwater.

The restaurant is OK. It's a place to grab a quick bite and watch volleyball. I've had the chicken sandwich. I agree with you. The chicken sandwich was probably frozen and heated in a deep fryer, not the best. I've come accustomed to ordering the meatball hero with a side of salad, a better choice.

So far everyone I've encountered there is very friendly and polite. Good environment!

This post was edited
RE:I Had a Great Naked Weekend!

I have been there many times. I don't have a membership but know friends who do. They go a lot more than I do. We all love it. The restaurant is nice and the large pool is where most people hang out. To be honest, I didn't know they had a saltwater pool. Is that the one below the restaurant? I like the gym and the billiards room too. The grounds are nice and most people are friendly. My pros and cons are:Pros, Game room and gym. Pickle-ball and tennis courts. All of the pools. Having the restaurant, club house and lodging. The "motel" style rooms are a nice touch and where I stay if I'm over-nighting. The clubhouse events and large lawn events are great.My Cons: The restaurant is only open on weekends. I get it, if you can't fill the place then limit the hours. The food is average. Once I got a chicken sandwich and it seemed to be made from a frozen chicken patty. They could do better. I wish they had more "everyday" events offered like yoga, Qi Gong or other group things to do at the lawn. I think that would be a good way to meet new friends beside just chatting up around the pool. My biggest complaint is; The pools are not "clothing optional" like the rest of the grounds. My wife wants to come and be with me but she does not want to partake in being nude anywhere. While she is welcome outside of the pool fences, she is Not Welcome inside. That's unfortunate, and the reason I am always alone there. I understand the long held policy to prevent perverts and gawkers but at 66 y.o. she isn't there to stare at naked bodies while lying in a lounger with a wrap on. There could be a little better understanding for mixed couples who want to be together around the pool.
At Sunny Rest, the pools are nudity required but the deck is clothes optional.

This post was edited