Chicago area....

Seeking a nude beach in the Chicago area.Heard rumor of a secret on near Zion.Any ideas, suggestions folks....???

This topic was edited
RE: Chicago area....

Illinois State Beach is rumored to be used from time to time - Google it before you go and be careful. Much has been written and the rangers are watching.
Anyone else have more info?

This post was edited

that's the only place in chicago area that i have heard of with a remote chance of nudity but it is patrolled by rangers. often see skimpy suits worn, but not often full nudity. several years ago, i was busted for full nudity (was reading a book and got caught up in the reading and missed the ranger coming by). went to court and had to pay a fine and had it cleared from my record if i kept out of trouble for a year. needless to say i do stay clean. have been to the beach since and have always worn a minimal suit. some do go nude but i don't want to take the chance again. mostly males go there (as i am one myself). once in a while one would see a couple there. in any case you have to move much further down the beach to right from the main beach area for any kind of privacy. and whatever you do stay out of the dunes. the rangers don't like people in the dunes areas.

This post was edited

Has anyone been to Sun Aura resort in Indiana? We are a couple and are considering going there just for the day. Are there open, or more private areas just to lay out, have a picnic and play? We don't mind other watching us.....we actually very much enjoy it. I'm just wondering if people are right on top of each other, or if you can go off and claim your own area for the day? Thanks.

This post was edited

Has anyone been to Sun Aura resort in Indiana? We are a couple and are considering going there just for the day. Are there open, or more private areas just to lay out, have a picnic and play? We don't mind other watching us.....we actually very much enjoy it. I'm just wondering if people are right on top of each other, or if you can go off and claim your own area for the day? Thanks.It's definitely a non-nudist environment according to some of the websites. Try Googling it. I would not recommend it to any genuine nudist.

This post was edited

There are several in the Chicago area. Sun Ray Hills in Burlington Wisc. New management, pool and a bar only. Vally View in Cambridge Wisconsin, never been there. Blue Lake in N.W. Illinois, nice place, pond no pool. Indiana National Lakeshore, Central Beach half way to Mt. Baldy, not official nude but many of us use it nude and have never had a problem. Turtle Lake in Michigan, one of our favorites. Lake in the woods in Indiana, not heard good things about this place. Woodlot in Huntly Illinois, never been there.
Chicago Sun Club, non-landed. Fun bunch. Doing something every month.

This post was edited

Has anyone been to Sun Aura resort in Indiana? We are a couple and are considering going there just for the day. Are there open, or more private areas just to lay out, have a picnic and play? We don't mind other watching us.....we actually very much enjoy it. I'm just wondering if people are right on top of each other, or if you can go off and claim your own area for the day? Thanks.Sun Aura is over 300 acres, yes you can find places to be off on your own and just enjoy the day. We usually tent camp, but there are plenty of spaces to throw down a blanket and just be your selves.

This post was edited

Was at Sun Aura, Its also a "lifestyle" resort, meaning swingers. something to know before you go.

This post was edited

MAZO Beach up in Wisconsin. Just North of Chicago.

This post was edited

MAZO Beach up in Wisconsin. Just North of Chicago.Mazo Beach is now closed. Last week I spoke with a man from Badger Naturists who told me the state DNR has finally succeeded in getting it closed. They are fighting it, but they have no idea of the future.

This post was edited