Long Island NY

Does anyone have any updates on the formerly nude area at Lighthouse Beach at Robert Moses? Any article I find online about the nudity ban is from 2013 or 2014 and I feel like I heard that things were turning back around. I was out there the other day and there were a few nude people, but signs were still posted that said "clothing required." I feel like I heard that the park ranger that creates the ban has left, therefore the beach returning to its "natural" state.

This topic was edited
RE: Long Island NY

Welcome aboard! Hope that you enjoy the site.

This post was edited

Does anyone have any updates on the formerly nude area at Lighthouse Beach at Robert Moses? Any article I find online about the nudity ban is from 2013 or 2014 and I feel like I heard that things were turning back around. I was out there the other day and there were a few nude people, but signs were still posted that said "clothing required." I feel like I heard that the park ranger that creates the ban has left, therefore the beach returning to its "natural" state.I've been seeing the same articles as you. I guess its use your own discretion. I'm curious to know about Jones Beach Field 6.

This post was edited

Does anyone have any updates on the formerly nude area at Lighthouse Beach at Robert Moses? Any article I find online about the nudity ban is from 2013 or 2014 and I feel like I heard that things were turning back around. I was out there the other day and there were a few nude people, but signs were still posted that said "clothing required." I feel like I heard that the park ranger that creates the ban has left, therefore the beach returning to its "natural" state.

I heard the same thing a year or two ago about the beach east of Cherry Grove. We haven't been there in about 4 years but it'd really suck if it's not nudist anymore.

This post was edited

The NAC is still working with the administration of FINS (Fire Island National Seashore) regarding getting nudity allowed back at Lighthouse Beach. It is a long and expensive fight (HINT: IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BRING NUDITY BACK DONATE TO NAC). Nudity is still 100% illegal at Lighthouse Beach.
Yes, it is true that the head ranger who ended decades of nude beach use is no longer posted at Fire Island. But that does not end the problem. Mother Nature gave us Superstorm Sandy that washed away no only the boardwalks but also the dunes. Without the dunes, the (nude) beach area would be visible from the roadways and to all of the visitors to the Fire Island Lighthouse. NAC might be able to get us cut 2 or cut 3 since they would be less visible. But, getting our original beach back without the dunes for cover seems unlikely at best.
Nudity is allowed at Cherry Grove and you can take the ferry there. Jones Beach is a New York State Park and nudity is, and has always been, banned at stateparks. Has there been some nudity East of Field 6? Yes. Is it legal? No. Can you get arrested? Yes. Does anyone know if you will get a summons or arrested? No. You take off your bathing suit and you take your chances. From what I have been told, "Field 6 1/2" is more gay (cruisey) then nude.

This post was edited

This post was edited

Sorry to say not a good idea to get naked any where along south shore of my beloved naked beaches of long island I was issued a 275 dollar embarrassing ticket

This post was edited
Long Island NY Rec Centers?

Are there any rec centers in Nassau County LI that allow nudity in the men's sauna / steam areas? I used to belong to the Freeport Rec Center; and while they do not forbid nudity, almost everyone covers up, so it's a bit awkward being the only guy in there "going commando."

Funny thing is: nobody seems to be shy about showering in the nude.

Having grown up at the tail end of the glory days of YMCA nudity, I find the current levels of American prudishness to be perplexing, to say the least.

This post was edited