new to the group

Hello people - I'm new to the group and am very much a car nut. I love a great variety of cars but I have a real passion for the rotory motor - as Im restoring an 84 RX7. Any one else like the older JDM cars?

This topic was edited
RE:new to the group

I have a 89 RX7 convertible that I had the engine rebuilt this past summer. I have had the car since 01 and it has been a pleasure.

I envy you your mountain roads there for a place to run a RX7, I was able to run mine up and down the Dragons Tail in Tennessee

once and want to give it ago again now since the rebuild.

This post was edited

Thats fantastic. A buddy and I rebuilt my motor, which was the start of a very long on going restoration. We did a large street port, ceramic coated the housings & irons, as well as replaced all seals. The motor will be a lot of fun!

The car was fun to drive when I first bought it, but she did have quite a few issues. So I went through the suspension; I have a full set of coil overs, all new Polly bushings, large sway bars, deleted the watts-linkage system in the rear. It's been an interesting process.

This post was edited

The shop I used offered three levels of porting beginning at street. I expressed interest in having that done for mine but the builder steered
me to just opening up the breathing, K&N filter, competition header, eliminate the cat converter. I expressed concern about being in
compliance with no cat converter. He more than rightly informed me that it had been a long time since that car was in compliance being
28 years old and we here are not a testing state. Well it seems the cat converter did a lot of the muffling and now it sounds like a sport
bike, Riiip riiiip So now just another gray haired poseur but it feels good while i am doing it and I don't care who sees.

This post was edited