Were Addicted to Naked Cruises - Heres Why Well Never Do a Clothed One Again

"A couple who have embarked on nine clothing-optional cruises claim to love them much,
theyll never set sail the standard way again.

Michael Brown, 56, a retired government enforcement officer from Wilmington, Delaware
and wife Laurie, 50, have been nudists for their entire 20-year marriage.
They spend the majority of their time at home in their birthday suits.
They cook, clean, eat and are raising their two children, aged 12 and 14, sans attire.

My wife was also comfortable with going topless but never full social nudism,
So when we got married, I introduced her to her first nude experience and that was pretty much it.

He added, She was very apprehensive about it when we got together but she took to the idea of it very quickly.

The couple are even raising their kids to be nudists as well.

With our kids, it was a process that both my wife and I agreed upon jointly, he said.
I wanted to raise good respectful, well-balanced, body positive daughters." "

1/2

This topic was edited
RE:Were Addicted to Naked Cruises - Heres Why Well Never Do a Clothed One Again

A lot of clothed cruisers go for the ship, or the harmony of the sea,
whereas the nude cruise its the opposite, he added.

Its not about the boat
youre going because of the people and the friends youre going to meet.

Full article: nypost.com/2024/04/12/lifestyle/serial-nude-cruisers-explains-why-theyll-never-set-sail-with-their-clothes-on-again/

2/2

This post was edited

We've seen them on the Bare Necessities cruises. They are right, the cruises are better than regular ones, but we haven't given up on regular cruises yet.

This post was edited

My wife and I considered it and looked it up a while back; as I recall we were a bit taken aback by the actual cost (including flights to and fro).
We're not broke by any means, but if it actually costs less for us to fly to Europe and visit various countries there...it's a no-brainer for us.

Maybe if one of our couples/friends wanted to do it...then it'd be back on the table.

This post was edited

My wife and I considered it and looked it up a while back; as I recall we were a bit taken aback by the actual cost (including flights to and fro).We're not broke by any means, but if it actually costs less for us to fly to Europe and visit various countries there...it's a no-brainer for us.Maybe if one of our couples/friends wanted to do it...then it'd be back on the table.

Would you spend some of your time in Europe at clothing optional locations?

This post was edited

My wife and I considered it and looked it up a while back; as I recall we were a bit taken aback by the actual cost (including flights to and fro).We're not broke by any means, but if it actually costs less for us to fly to Europe and visit various countries there...it's a no-brainer for us.Maybe if one of our couples/friends wanted to do it...then it'd be back on the table.

For us, or for my wife rather, it's not about the cost as much as not knowing anyone initially. We have some close nudist friends that we'd love to go with on a nude cruise. She's more than willing, he's not a fan because "you eat too much!" He doesn't seem to get that you don't have to eat your way through a cruise, clothed or naked.

We would rather spend the money on trips to Europe as well. We are thinking of going on a long trip to Ireland, England and Scotland next summer and the following year, we'll go back to Italy. We'll also visit Spain and Portugal on that Italy trip. Wherever we visit, we always look for clothing optional side trips. The idea of a 7 day nude cruise is inviting but we probably won't go unless our friends decide to go as well.

We also have not given up on cruising period. We love to cruise, and we always get a balcony room to have nude time outside. The only cruise we've gone on so far where the balcony may not have been a good idea was Alaska. It was pretty cold out on the balcony without anything one but we did it anyway!

This post was edited

My wife and I considered it and looked it up a while back; as I recall we were a bit taken aback by the actual cost (including flights to and fro).We're not broke by any means, but if it actually costs less for us to fly to Europe and visit various countries there...it's a no-brainer for us.Maybe if one of our couples/friends wanted to do it...then it'd be back on the table.For us, or for my wife rather, it's not about the cost as much as not knowing anyone initially. We have some close nudist friends that we'd love to go with on a nude cruise. She's more than willing, he's not a fan because "you eat too much!" He doesn't seem to get that you don't have to eat your way through a cruise, clothed or naked.We would rather spend the money on trips to Europe as well. We are thinking of going on a long trip to Ireland, England and Scotland next summer and the following year, we'll go back to Italy. We'll also visit Spain and Portugal on that Italy trip. Wherever we visit, we always look for clothing optional side trips. The idea of a 7 day nude cruise is inviting but we probably won't go unless our friends decide to go as well.We also have not given up on cruising period. We love to cruise, and we always get a balcony room to have nude time outside. The only cruise we've gone on so far where the balcony may not have been a good idea was Alaska. It was pretty cold out on the balcony without anything one but we did it anyway!

Our Alaska cruise was one time I used the robe in the room. On the balcony with nothing under it and over my swimsuit to and from the hot tub.

This post was edited

Would you spend some of your time in Europe at clothing optional locations?

If it's on the way. We stopped by a nude beach to spend the day while we were in the South of France.
We'll probably do it again this summer.

This post was edited

On this years cruise we had 40+ either from our local camp (Solair) or groups who come to our camp (Maine Coast Solar Bares, Northern Exposure Sun Club, Sunchasers), so we had a large group who knew each other. Plus this was our seventh cruise with Bare Necessities, so we knew about the same number of others just from previous cruises. Add in the friendliness of most nudists and we constantly had people to talk with. And we are not type A personalities who find it easy to talk with people we have never met before.

On a textile cruise we might meet 1-2 others on a shore excursion and wave to them when we see them again on the ship, but thats about it. Cruise Critic used to help getting group meetups for things like cabin crawls or group shore excursions planned before the cruise starts, but that seems to have stopped since Covid.

This post was edited