RE:Kemil in June

Flies are absolutely unbelievable. Never seen anything like it. State park is saying attendance is down because of it.

This post was edited

Its just not even worth the trip! Sticking with the pool in the backyard!

This post was edited

No sign of this fly infestation ending anytime soon.

This post was edited

In the past I have been there with an East or west wind and there were no flies. Even a se or sw wind was tolerable. And only a direct south wind was an unbearable fly day.

This post was edited

That has to be awful

This post was edited

We are buying our annual pass today. Plan to go one weekday next week.

This post was edited

Nice! Maybe see you there if its nice out

This post was edited

Nice! Watch out for those rip currents. I was in i one once. I was panicked but I also been educated what to do. I totally see how people drown from them now. I was swimming straight out from the big blowout dune. It wasnt even wavy that day. Just choppy.

This post was edited

Hey ! So we recently found Kemil beach in last month or 2 and have been makes trips a couple times a week. We have ran into a few other nudist, or couples playing on the beach/water. Flies were terrible in June, they are gone.wanted to see if anyone would be going out after 7/17/24. We will be outta town in florida looking for areas to go, but would love to see someone out after I get home. We make a 25min to go in-between trail heads 9-10. Watch for the rangers on 4 wheelers and just be discreet if strangers are strolling by

This post was edited

Biting flies were terrible. I Have been out to kemil several times in last 2 wks. Flies seem to not be there. Unless right before a quick rain with humid weather. There were a couple day we just moved east a little more and they stopped.

This post was edited