Visiting 1st Week in July - any tips?

Hi -

I'm going up to the area midweek at the start of July for a peaceful break. It would be nice to have some knowledge in advance, maybe even meet locals.

Guy

This topic was edited
RE:Visiting 1st Week in July - any tips?

Your parking options are Benar beach public car park to the south or you can park at shell island to the north. I always use the south entrance as I often camp at Bennar campsite or Glyns field. From the public car park theres a board walk to the beach. Turn right (north) on the beach and keep going, its further than you think. At some point youll bump into some nudists, if the beach makes a sharp right bend or you reach some footpath signs, youve reached shell island and gone too far.
There arent any facilities so best to use the toilets at shell island or the public ones at Benar beach if you prefer a little more privacy. Theres a shop at Dyffryn Seaside Estate (by Benar public car park) if you need to pick up any items but I dont often use it.
The northern part of the beach is often frequented by the LBGT community, whilst the southern part is pretty standard. I often walk the entire length and everyone is pretty friendly on the whole.
The dunes can be nice for some solitude if you fancy it but as with a lot of beaches the further you go into the dunes the more lurkers you might find. I dont really go into them much.
The car park at benar beach can get really busy on good days, Id get there early if possible. Its a great beach and when the weather is good its really hard to beat. Enjoy!

This post was edited
RE:Visiting 1st Week in July - any tips?

Wow. So nice of you to be so thorough with your advice! :)

This post was edited