RE:U saw a man at a nude beach wearing a penis ring. Any thoughts?

StevieLorna wrote:

Mate, its nothing to do with the authority.Its a personal choice and its a personal obligation.

I do agree with that, as far as personal sentiments go.

But what I'm fearing is that it has everything to do with the authority. When people say that beaches will be closed down because of X activity, it won't be because fellow beachgoers have a problem with X. It will be because the authorities have a problem with X.

"X" could be anything from simple nudity to overt sex. It won't matter.

This post was edited

Ok, Woodsman. How would you deal with X.

How would you convince X that what X is doing is not in keeping with promotion of nudism as a non sexual, family friendly activity where all are welcome who adhere to this philosophy.

Tell us all how you would speak to X and convince them that how the others see them is what is making it harder to keep these spaces safe for the future?

This post was edited

Thanks for pointing out the clear obfuscation. Why muddy the waters by introducing "x". We arent talking about X or some unknown. The OP asked about a specific situation, that we know has specific consequences. I am so perplexed as to why the individualist libertarian viewpoint being expressed cant take this argument head on. Why cant we just address the issue at hand and its clear consequences.
Ok, How would you convince X that what X is doing is not in keeping with promotion of nudism as a non sexual, family friendly activity where all are welcome who adhere to this philosophy.Tell us all how you would speak to X and convince them that how the others see them is what is making it harder to keep these spaces safe for the future?

This post was edited

StevieLorna wrote:

Ok, Woodsman. How would you deal with X.How would you convince X that what X is doing is not in keeping with promotion of nudism as a non sexual, family friendly activity where all are welcome who adhere to this philosophy.Tell us all how you would speak to X and convince them that how the others see them is what is making it harder to keep these spaces safe for the future?

I'm glad you asked that.

It would depend on the X.

If it's as simple as a cock ring, I probably wouldn't say anything about it. I certainly wouldn't compliment him on it. But I would ask him about why he was on the beach, and what he was looking for. If I thought he might be a candidate for the true nudist lifestyle, I might remark on that ring later on in the conversation, letting him know that the ring might be construed as sending out the wrong signals. If he said that those were precisely the signals he was putting out, then I'd tell him "Good luck with that. Nobody's interested in that here. If you think that this nude beach (or resort, or whatever) is a place where sex happens, you have been misinformed."

If he was engaging in any kind of sexuality -- with or without a cock ring -- from flaunting an erection or hitting up women to anything more extreme, I'd say, "Hey, dude, you're out of line here. This is a public beach, but we're being nude here only because we're telling the authorities that we're a family-oriented activity. Do you want to get us closed down for everybody? Please don't do what you're doing and ruin it all for the rest of us!"

If he complied with the request, no harm, no foul. If he persisted with the activity, I'd call the authorities and let them know what this person was doing, and that if they wanted to prosecute him, I would be totally OK with that.

That would make it clear to the authorities that we are as concerned with the public image of non-sexual nudism as they are, and that we're on their side.

This post was edited

I think it is silly and ridicules anyone is worried about jewelry!

Your worried about beaches being closed, I have far more worry about the insane Christian right is doing to the USA!

Look up the Project 2025, and you will not only lose a public lifestyle, but you will lose way more!

This post was edited

Woodsman you are never going to admit even a simple cock ring is a sexual device.

If you have an Amazon account, type in Cock Ring and see what the rest of the world thinks they are.

This post was edited

The notion that what is happening with clothing optional beach closures is unrelated to what is happening in the broader US society is a rather narrow worldview. Here is a simple metaphor to understand why simply blaming others doesnt hold water for me. I know that someone is intent on harming me with a gun the last thing I would think of doing is to give them bullets.

It seems to me that calling another person's opinion and perspective ridiculous while pushing your own is partly why we cant get anything done everyone is focus only on what matters to them. The other part is few people want to focus on the actual issue, instead there a continuous deflection and projection of side and sometimes irrelevant issues. In the end we will all know what is real and what is not 5 years from now if this pattern continues.

This post was edited

StevieLorna wrote:

Woodsman you are never going to admit even a simple cock ring is a sexual device.

I do admit that in most cases, a man wearing a simple cock ring is calling attention to his penis. In my previous remarks, I said that I would try to persuade that person that his cock ring is out of place on a normal nude beach or resort.

I also pointed out that a simple cock-and-ball ring can also be worn as not a sexual signaling device but a means of comfort. And I have gone so far as to test that theory and have found it valid. So I'm going to make allowances for that.

This post was edited

The notion that what is happening with clothing optional beach closures is unrelated to what is happening in the broader US society is a rather narrow worldview. Here is a simple metaphor to understand why simply blaming others doesnt hold water for me. I know that someone is intent on harming me with a gun the last thing I would think of doing is to give them bullets.It seems to me that calling another person's opinion and perspective ridiculous while pushing your own is partly why we cant get anything done everyone is focus only on what matters to them. The other part is few people want to focus on the actual issue, instead there a continuous deflection and projection of side and sometimes irrelevant issues. In the end we will all know what is real and what is not 5 years from now if this pattern continues.

I call you out on BS! What does a cock ring, pierced nipple or clit have to do with a beach closing? NOTHING!
Its pure ignorance...and religion loves to be ignorant to anything other to what they believe!
If someone is having sex in public, thats different! Jewelry is now being perverted by ignorant people!
Guess what, you just fit the mold...........and if you think people will close beaches for jewelry, you cant wrap your head around other things they will shut down! JFC!

This post was edited

The BS response is exactly what I mean. There is no attempt to engage the issue at hand to examine any facts. Just shoot and call BS to try to silence the majority who are being impacted. The list clothing optional places for swimming lost over the last 5-10 is not exhaustive but long enough. They are all across the US and even Australia. They have been closed due to the "authorities" as one commenter calls it using the premise of sexual activity brought about by the presence of the "poor c ring wearing victims". I wont take time to list them because with any minimum effort they, can be found and I I wont support the pejorative approach you have taken.

This post was edited