Speedos or board shorts

Hey everyone I was curious about when you are obligated to wear swim wear what is your go to? Swim briefs or board shorts?
I love both. Briefs for the limited fabric and the closest thing to being naked, how ever I find they can be restricting. On the other hand I do enjoy wearing board shorts with nothing underneath and I find it to be very unrestricting however the extra fabric robs me of the felling of the wind and sun on my skin?
I look forward to hearing you responses

This topic was edited
RE:Speedos or board shorts

Neither. I found swimsuits that are not as brief as a speedo and have a leg on them that is only about two inches. If I thought I could get away with it, I would try something with the bare butt look similar to what so many women are wearing these days.

This post was edited

Not sure why but woman's bathing suites have gotten smaller and men's have gotten bigger . When I buy a suite I find the smallest I can find and first thing cut the liner out

This post was edited

Neither. I found swimsuits that are not as brief as a speedo and have a leg on them that is only about two inches. If I thought I could get away with it, I would try something with the bare butt look similar to what so many women are wearing these days.

It seems like men's swimsuits have gotten gradually smaller lately. Briefs are still rare, but mid thigh suits seem to be getting more popular relative to knee length ones.
Legally men can wear suits with little or no butt coverage anywhere women can. Social acceptance is another matter.

This post was edited

Hey everyone I was curious about when you are obligated to wear swim wear what is your go to? Swim briefs or board shorts?I love both. Briefs for the limited fabric and the closest thing to being naked, how ever I find they can be restricting. On the other hand I do enjoy wearing board shorts with nothing underneath and I find it to be very unrestricting however the extra fabric robs me of the felling of the wind and sun on my skin?I look forward to hearing you responses

I have 2 swimsuits, one mid thigh, one swim brief. Both are tan through. Not that I care that much about tan lines, but tan through suits are made with very lightweight fabric so they feel much less confining and dry faster. Since I stopped wearing underwear and got a privacy fence around my pool so I can often swim nude, I can't tolerate heavier swimsuits. Briefs are too confining and shorts feel so heavy.

This post was edited

My one pair of swimming trunks are just above mid-thigh. These work reasonably well when something is needed because of a guest textile visiting. Because of family concerns, I would not wear any of the other 'less covering' options that are available. Everyone enjoys their time visiting and when they leave, it's back to au naturale. I'll keep on with the current routine.

This post was edited

... Briefs are too confining and shorts feel so heavy.

This is my perspective. I have opted for running shorts as short as I can find with the lining removed. These provide enough room for movement but without the long legs of board shorts or even "normal" swim suits. I take the same approach for hiking when cover is needed.

This post was edited

I have brief style suits for lane swimming. I dont find them restrictive at all and they dry quickly. Actually, I wear them at beaches too, but I have a 3 boxer style for occasions where I might be self conscious about a form-fitting suit. Been years since I wore it, but will bring it on an upcoming foreign trip because I am unfamiliar with the mores. At the few beaches where I can wear a thong, I do.

This post was edited

Since the summer of 1977, if I can't swim nude I have only worn swim briefs exclusively. Most of mine are 2" sides or less. The swim briefs are mostly worn at the gym, the community pool and hot tub, and gatherings with friends or family. Many of my suits have the inner liner cut out.
To sum it up, since the summer of 1977, I have never swam, or walked a beach wearing anything more than a swim brief

This post was edited

Since the summer of 1977, if I can't swim nude I have only worn swim briefs exclusively. Most of mine are 2" sides or less. The swim briefs are mostly worn at the gym, the community pool and hot tub, and gatherings with friends or family. Many of my suits have the inner liner cut out.To sum it up, since the summer of 1977, I have never swam, or walked a beach wearing anything more than a swim brief

Was there some particular reason you stopped wearing any other type of swimsuit at that time?
Did you wear swim briefs some of the time before that?

This post was edited

I like my nylon suit that is as snug as a Speedo but with a couple of inches of leg. I don't like the look of Speedo briefs since the proportions don't suit my long legs and short waist. Board shorts are too baggy, more like a skirt how they flop around. I've never tried a thong because they look constricting. I'd rather just be naked.

This post was edited