I just told my wife about my nudity -- would you pray, please?

I was a hippie nudist back in the 70s -- but after I became a Christian, I didn't think that I should continue.
I've been married to my very conservative wife for 32+ years.
About six months ago, I began thinking: did I really have to give up nudity? I'm thinking that I didn't. And I would like to resume. I've been building new thinking along that line for six months.
Just tonight, I told my wife. She was dumbfounded. Which shouldn't be a surprise: I've been working on this for six months, and she heard it all in one hour. Who could digest that?
So: please pray for her, and for me. Thanks.
~ WillyFive

This topic was edited
RE:I just told my wife about my nudity -- would you pray, please?

How did it go?

This post was edited

My wife had misgivings at first but finally came around to acceot and actually she now question why i am not nude sooner after gettimg home. Lol. Although she has yet to join me nude she does not stop me from being nude. Once i showed here i was not ashamed and do not worry about others seeing me nude she has relaxed and no longer worries or questions my nudity

This post was edited

Praying for you WillyFive. I am actually in a similar boat. I have slowly let my wife in on my love for being naked. But I have actually been contemplating and praying about it for a very long time also. We will be visiting a nude resort soon and she isnt much into it at all either. She has her reserves but we will see.

Adam

This post was edited

Praying for you WillyFive. I am actually in a similar boat. I have slowly let my wife in on my love for being naked. But I have actually been contemplating and praying about it for a very long time also. We will be visiting a nude resort soon and she isnt much into it at all either. She has her reserves but we will see.Adam

Is this the first time she will be at a nude resort with you?
Is it nudity required or clothing optional?
Your wife must be a lot like mine.
She is fine with me being nude at home and knows I go to clothing optional beaches without her, but is rarely nude at home and wouldn't want to be at a place where she would see many nude people, let alone be nude in public.
How does she feel about your early morning nude runs?

This post was edited

Here are some thoughts on nudity in the Bible from Menasmen I'd like to share:
Some key points from the Bible:
- The Bible never says the body is the source or cause of lust (lust is in your mind, not in what you see),
- About the human body, the Bible says:
- It is good
- Fearfully and wonderfully made
- The temple of the set apart spirit
- No one in the Bible ever got into trouble for being nude
- Modesty in the Bible means abase, humble, unpretentious -- has nothing to do with being wrapped up in cloth -- nude is extremely modest
- Lots of people in the Bible were nude (a few are):
- Ruth and Naomi
- King Saul
- David
- Messiah (on several occasions)
- Isaiah (for three years)
- The prophets
- Only the priests were told to wear clothing and only at certain times
The expression "uncovering the nakedness of" has as much to do with nakedness as the modern expression "to sleep with" has to do with sleeping.

This post was edited

Check this out. This is from a Nudist Pastor and his wife.

https://www.genesis225.org/

This post was edited

I have always believed that prayer is timeless. Even though you asked for prayer a year ago, I am praying now. Theres been a bunch of resources to help you, but the best resource is God himself. I pray that you wife will see your heart and know that you are sincere in what you are asking of her. I also pray that you hear her heart and cherish her wishes, even if they may sacrifice what you want. God created us nude. WE chose to clothe ourselves in as home because of our sin. Nudity is not a sin. It is who we are before God. Its up to us if we allow it to become something that it was never meant to be. Amen.

This post was edited

Is this the first time she will be at a nude resort with you?Is it nudity required or clothing optional?Your wife must be a lot like mine.She is fine with me being nude at home and knows I go to clothing optional beaches without her, but is rarely nude at home and wouldn't want to be at a place where she would see many nude people, let alone be nude in public.How does she feel about your early morning nude runs?

It will be our first resort. It is a clothing optional resort. She has no clue about my early morning runs naked. Shes know I go run but thats because I have been waking up early and running my entire life. I just started doing them naked. She would probs flip her lid. But she will know at a later date. I am hoping to run a naked 5k in October. She knows about that though.

It does sound like our wives are very similar. Thats about how mine is.

Adam

This post was edited

Is this the first time she will be at a nude resort with you?Is it nudity required or clothing optional?Your wife must be a lot like mine.She is fine with me being nude at home and knows I go to clothing optional beaches without her, but is rarely nude at home and wouldn't want to be at a place where she would see many nude people, let alone be nude in public.How does she feel about your early morning nude runs?It will be our first resort. It is a clothing optional resort. She has no clue about my early morning runs naked. Shes know I go run but thats because I have been waking up early and running my entire life. I just started doing them naked. She would probs flip her lid. But she will know at a later date. I am hoping to run a naked 5k in October. She knows about that though.It does sound like our wives are very similar. Thats about how mine is.Adam
Hasn't your nude running been evening out your tan? or is it too early in the morning?
Is she going with you to the resort when you do the nude 5K?

This post was edited

I let my wife know that I was interested, we talked about it for a while and she agreed to go to a clothing optional resort. It took a while to find the best one for us. Both of us were a little trepadacious, but after we got there the people were so loving and accepting. Within an hour we were completely comfortable. Now She says she's a nudist. Nudity is the great equalizer, our body concern was gone. No one's body is perfect, the nudists we have met have for the most part have been really supportive and caring. We booked another resort this week. Love the life.

This post was edited