RE:Australia - photos of you in public

It may come as a shock to many Australians and our friends overseas, but here in this wonderful country 'you' as an individual have no rights if you are photographed in public - be that naked, half naked or clothed and irrespective of what you were doing at that time.The fundamentals of it revolve around our IP laws (ie literally your image in a public place is not your IP, its the photographers) and other legislation regarding privacy (which is fundamentally null and void once you're in a public space).You do have some recourse when it comes to how an image that you've been captured in while in a public space gets used. It can't be used to vilify, slander or defame, or for that matter discriminate either.This has recently played out for a young woman in Sydney, where topless women on the beaches are mostly unabated and widely accepted by the general population: https://au.news.yahoo.com/sydney-woman-fumes-secretly-photographed-topless-beach-231903226.htmlIn my opinion these laws need to change - perhaps not in its entirety as we don't want public place photos being 'cancelled' and photographers having to madly gain permission from many in one single snap.But look closely at the pics on the link I have shared. To me there is an obvious intent to promulgate the woman's image (to what gain is not clear), as the so called public place photo is very much honed in upon her. If the photo was taken from a much greater distance and individuals were basically unrecognisable then this particular photo would perhaps have not caused so much angst. Please note I was apprehensive about including the link (and therefore the woman's image), but this needs to be highlighted and laws here need to change.I believe that with a push for greater public spaces to be clothing optional we need this legal loop hole regarding images closed in parallel...

Out in public, you have no right to privacy under the Laws of the UK ! For the simple fact someone may take pictures and that you may be in those pictures, there is nothing you can do.

This post was edited