Who's heading for Gunnison?

This Saturday, Memorial Day Weekend. If you're planning on going, drop us a note. Love meeting old and new friends!

This topic was edited
RE: Who's heading for Gunnison?

does that include those shelter type thingys too? the sun shelters?

This post was edited

I am planning almost 100% to go on Saturday. How we will recognize each other?I am glad that the birds are getting their place in the beach.It was already known that tents were going to be banned.

This post was edited

I am planning almost 100% to go on Saturday. How we will recognize each other?I am glad that the birds are getting their place in the beach.It was already known that tents were going to be banned.I plan to go

This post was edited

I was there today (wednesday 5/25) and it was a glorious day on the beach. Sadly, they have already closed off most of the beach for the nesting birds, so we were all penned in. Also, the rangers were going around making any one with a tent take down their tents on the spot.We were there on 5/25 also. It was a beautiful day. We can't make it this weekend but looking at the forecast we may be going on 6/1

This post was edited

I went there yesterday. What an awesome weather and nice crowd.

This post was edited

too much traffic these holidays

This post was edited

I left New Brunswick at 2 and got there at three. Had all afternoon of hot sunny weather and naked fun.

This post was edited

I left New Brunswick at 2 and got there at three. Had all afternoon of hot sunny weather and naked fun.To all those who went this weekend I'm jealous. I had to work but was able enjoy some of the warm weather in the early evening. Maybe next weekend. I'll have to see.
Dave

This post was edited

Gotta disagree about the traffic. We've been to Gunnison when traffic on 36 to Sandy Hook was backed up for miles and the beach was packed blanket to blanket. We went on Saturday morning, got to the gate at about 8:30, and only a few cars were in front of us. Roads were barely populated with cars, no delays whatsoever! Got to Gunnison, lot was less than 24% full, beach was less crowded then we'd ever imagine. Everyone on the beach we spoke with were surprised that the beach wasn't packed. We stayed until about 6 pm and there was absolutely NO traffic waiting to get off the beach either. No traffic on 36. Light traffic on Garden State. Guess all the regulars stayed away or many stayed away because of the same fear. Great day for us!

This post was edited

A number of years back NAC discovered a memo generated by the director of Sandy Hook where he discussed magically discovering piping plovers exactly on the nude beach so that he would have an excuse to run off the nudists. After that memo was made public the birds suddenly stopped being a crisis to be dealt with. This sounds like the same crap.
I guess the birds really love the nudists since that's the only part of the beach where they are found.

This post was edited