friends on TN

I am wonder how many, or what percentage of the "friends" that you have in TN do you chat or exchange emails with? For a social site, people don't seem all that social to me.

This topic was edited
RE: friends on TN

chat room seems rather confusing to me - too much going on I've made some contacts from here but mainly chat to them elsehwere

This post was edited

I am wonder how many, or what percentage of the "friends" that you have in TN do you chat or exchange emails with? For a social site, people don't seem all that social to me.There are sooo many people here who are "collectors." Collectors of friends and contacts. They want an impressive number next to their profile. They "friend" a lot of people and then never bother. Its nice to have people on a friends list, but sometimes it gets to be a bit much.
I also occasionally drop by the chat room. I never have a problem navigating through the multiple subjects being talked about and never have a problem joining in or just observing. The only chat problems I've encountered is males trying to monopolize me with private messages. You see they, of course, are new to nudism and need to compare nudist experiences with me...LOLOL!
If you have something to say or ask a person just do it. If you go to chat observe for a while and let people get to know you.

This post was edited

I have a number of TN friends I email exchange about once a year. They live far off in Australia, Hawaii and some closer states to Canada. We have interesting things to talk about as we have things in common. I receive many friend invites from people who don't seem to have much in common with me other than we are nudists. So I don't email them after a while. Especially when the replies are single word answers or short sentences. Cannot share much or communicate that way. Others after a while don't reply for one reason or another. Others ask to be friends because they want to know more about naturalism. I don't really know much except for my experiences which can be read on my early morning walks diary. I'm not really certain what friending really means given my experiences. We will never meet in person so...?
My Facebook page is about my art and often people ask to be friends. I ask them are they interested in art. If I don't receive a reply I forget them. My son says people generally are obsessed with having lots of friends to make themselves look good on Facebook. I wonder if it is the same here.

This post was edited

I have a vast number of friends here on TN so I obviously can't chat, message or email most of them all the time. I see it as a way of seeing what each other is doing. Then one will pop up with a message to which I nearly always reply. And from amongst them I have made some really close face-to-face friends - ones who I visit (or who visit me) and go on holiday with.

This post was edited

I am a rookie and then I try to have more friends . Also I speak little English and so I find it hard to be in chat . Different about doing post like this or exchange email . I would be happy to get advice and exchange of experiences with you all . With the help of google translate my language limit is exceeded. I started to exchange messages with someone and I very much hope that it will increase . Greetings to all from Italy .

This post was edited

I am wonder how many, or what percentage of the "friends" that you have in TN do you chat or exchange emails with? For a social site, people don't seem all that social to me.I have made friends here that I have meet at the nudist resort. But the site does need a real overhaul, in chat especially.

This post was edited

I've never seen the need for masses of 'friends' on sites like this. To me a friend is someone I interact with, I can't do that with hundreds of them, there isn't enough time in the day, acquaintance is probably a more appropriate word for the having masses of contacts who you have little contact with. These are just labels, much like nudist/naturist. We'll probably have many different takes on the friending that goes on on sites like this.
I recently posted on my profile that I was going to remove some 'friends' who have proved to be just contact accumulators with no form of interaction since 'friending' me. I have a number of friends on here who I do have regular communication with, some I've met in real life, others I'd like to meet if they or we travel to each others local areas. As mentioned above the friend collecting thing is mostly associated with Faceache style social media, friends of friends of friends....of friends want to add you so as their friend total increases and then have no other interaction with you, other than to winge that the morning train to work was late. I don't need that nor do I need hundreds of friends who are anything but friends. I appreciate the real friends far more when I'm not swamped by fake friends.
Fake friends are often just photo collectors or similar.

This post was edited

although i don't have a massive friends list, it is getting bigger as time goes by, and most of them are total strangers that i have had almost zero contact with. only a small handful are people that live either close,or are at least within the same country. i suspect the reason that most of them want to be friends is because they have noticed i'm bisexual and i'm sure it's not just a coincidence that many of them are gay or bisexual males. i suppose it's my own fault for accepting their friend requests in the first place, but i,m just too nice to say no sometimes, it just annoys me that there is zero contact with them after they friend me, with most not bothering to answer if i message them. i have now adopted a policy of deleting 1 friend for every new one that i add. obviously, people who are close or live in the same part of the UK as me, namely WALES, are safe from deletion and always will be

This post was edited
RE:friends on TN

I agree. Yes I respect that we can choose to or not to talk and interact with who ever. But when I see private profiles, or people have a long ass list of requirements in order to send a request I laugh because that's kind of anti social behavior.A lot of times I messaged people and never got a response which is crazy because they accepted the request. The experience may be different for others but for me people don't really seem to interact.

This post was edited
RE:friends on TN

I also usually reject friend requests. I find it much easier to chat with people in the groups, where we have a topic to discuss. I'm happy talking about my naked driving, swimming, enjoying the sun on my body in the garden etc.

This post was edited