RE:friends on TN

what percentage of the "friends" that you have in TN do you chat or exchange emails with?
Depends. If you're asking how many have I EVER exchanged messages with, that would be 100%. But if you're asking how many I message every day or every week or even every month, that would be close to 0%.
I don't care much for chat rooms. I do most of my communicating in the groups or main forum. And if something comes up there that I'd like to say or ask in person, I'll just shoot them a message. Being on my friends list isn't necessary for that. Same with receiving a message from someone.
Basically, I've never seen the point of collecting friends to impress anyone. Big numbers don't impress me so I assume it wouldn't impress my real friends either. I tend to go with either people I'm more likely to meet someday or people with a mutual interest (like boats, or woodworking, etc.) or people in the same Group as me (assuming they're in the group with an actual interest in it). Or people who are just likable and friendly people with no hidden agenda. And, so far, I've never had to un-friend anyone... mainly because I try to get to know people well enough before I friend them in the first place. And for that, I put even more emphasis on their posting history than I do their profile. So far, so good.

This post was edited

I don't normally refuse a friend request and I try to acknowledge all who may comment on something on my profile or something I posted. I have more "friends" then I could ever communicate with on a regular basis but I would think that I have regular communication with about 10%. If I equated that with the number of people I know in my church and the number I regularly communicate with it is about the same.
I do go through my Friends List and delete those that haven't logged in in a long time. There are some that I chat with on Skype on a regular basis. I find the chat room difficult to follow.

This post was edited

I keep my list manageable. For the most part, I try to check in with my friends fairly regularly. I will not accept a request if we have zero chance of staying in touch or better yet meet. With that said I would guess that about 70% of my friends list I am in regular communication with via email or physically getting together. Made some awesome friends here in AZ!

This post was edited

I agree with your posting. The same thing happens to me.

This post was edited

I am selective with who I friend. If it is a woman whose picture looks like she is seeking something other that a a chat, definitely not.
I am also leery of anyone with more friends than posts.
I don't do the chat room, but do exchange messages with some of my friends.

This post was edited
RE: friends on TN

I initially assumed that "friends" just wanted to follow my posts and accepted them all. I never got round to weeding them out so now I have no proper friends on TN at all.

This post was edited

I initially assumed that "friends" just wanted to follow my posts and accepted them all. I never got round to weeding them out so now I have no proper friends on TN at all.

What?!?! You must have lost me buried among your improper friends! I don't follow all of your posts but I spotted this one. And I'm quite proper! Even by British standards LOL!

This post was edited

Thats one of the things that bothers me to no end. Im a nudist, proud and happy. To be a nudist is to believe that its the natural way things should be. With that in mind, why would someone who professes to be a nudist create a private profile, look at all my pics and then request to be my friend? It amazes me. Im supposed to befriend you when everything about you is hidden including your nudity until I accept you. Im not going to accept your offer of friendship until I can see who you are!

This post was edited

When I check out a profile that has "Friends Only" pictures, their friend count is way up. So I figured it was just a way to unlock those pictures ;-0

This post was edited

I initially assumed that "friends" just wanted to follow my posts and accepted them all. I never got round to weeding them out so now I have no proper friends on TN at all.What?!?! You must have lost me buried among your improper friends! I don't follow all of your posts but I spotted this one. And I'm quite proper! Even by British standards LOL!
I'm quite sure many of the people on my friends list are perfectly proper nudists. What I actually meant was that I don't think I have more than a tiny few who are friends in the conventional sense of the word.

This post was edited