If You've Gotta Wear Jammies. . .

Most nudists seem to take pride in sleeping naked as well as doing everything else naked. Having been a senior for a while now, I've heard of instances when it's more practical to sleep wearing something, sometimes for sanitary or health reasons. Last Winter I was bedridden for much of December and January, had trouble even walking. In order to be able to slide out of bed more easily, my wife got me several pairs of silk pajamas, and I could hardly believe the difference. In my weakened state, trying to move on bedsheets in cotton PJ's was like trying to slide around on sandpaper, whereas it was really easy in the silk ones. And so, fellow nudists, I know some of us take pride in not even owning things like underwear or pj's. I'm confessing that I love my silk pj's, even enjoy wearing the bottoms around the house when not nude and just want something light.

This topic was edited
RE: If You've Gotta Wear Jammies. . .

I think you have to be practictal about nudism. If wearing something like silk pajamas make life better then I think that's what you should do.I have never owned PJs, and find wearing BVDs in bed restricts my movement, so I need to say I cannot agree with the idea of wearing anything in bed. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

This post was edited

I agree with you Hoosier, I did have an occurrence which it would had been better to wear something. the fire alarm was set off at three in the morning and everyone was evacuated, and I ended up out in the parking lot with nothing on, as did a couple of others. I just acted normal while one of the other guys just freaked out when he realized we were stand there butt naked, a few minutes later a fireman brought over some blankets to cover with and the parking lot was well lite, I figured what the heck everyone who wanted a look and had more than a chance so what was the need of covering then. the nest few days a noticed a couple of people snickering when then see me, but what the heck, I have just never understood what the problem is with being naked. Are there people who have never seen a naked guy in there life. Wait till they have to go to the hospital and most every one on the floor comes and takes a look, What will their reaction be then?

This post was edited

In Leo's case there was a reason to wear PJ bottoms. For the last 54 years I have slept naked and will continue to do so for as long as I can. I do understand why sometimes it is just necessary to have some kind of bottom to wear.

This post was edited

Thanks Leolucbx for your honesty and courage . Hope you have made a full recovery .

This post was edited

Silk sheets would have had the same effect!

This post was edited

Silk sheets would have had the same effect!Probably would have, however, there are just times where, for sanitation purposes if nothing else, one needs to compromise. Actually silk sheets AND jammies sound like they would've been fun--a lot of slip sliding around then. . .

This post was edited

It felt close to good sleeping with silk sheets, but never wore any pj's.

This post was edited

I've never tried silk sheets or silk jammies. But, in the interest of science I may have to try both. And since any good science experiment needs to be "double-blinded", as they say. I'll do with both my wife and I wearing blindfolds.
Dave

This post was edited

I sleep always naked, anywhere, also when sharing a sleeping room with others (m/f). My experience is: when I feel and behave as if being naked is quite normal when going to bed or getting up (and, in fact, should it not be normal?), the others don't mind and get the feeling that it is normal.
When you make a fuzz about it, feel stressed, or feel anxious about possible disapproving (you might even distract from contact), others copy your feelings. That is a standard element of human behaviour. The same can be used in your favor.
So, feel comfortable in the emperors clothes (the best!!), relax and don't forget to stay in contact with the others.

This post was edited

I have a nudist friend who always sleeps in PJs - the old winceyette sort. He's careful to strip naked when he gets up. I can't see any reason to wear PJ's, even silk ones. That goes for when I'm sharing a room, or even a bed too. If there is a medical problem won't some small underpants do instead? One time I was bed ridden for months with severe shingles. I couldn't bare anything touching my raw and blistered skin.

This post was edited