RE: OOOps!

I have a hot tub and I know the effort I put in to keep it clean. Therefore I don't use public hot tubs. I don't trust them to put the same effort in.

This post was edited

not only do some of the hot tubs look unsafe at public places but swimming pools can be scary as well.

This post was edited

Seen some pretty messes in hot tubs used by adults too. Just keep the chemicals topped up
You will still be sitting in chemicals and urine.
Is it true that there is a chemical that will turn urine bright blue? There was a really funny scene in the movie Grownups with Adam Sandler and Kevin James where they peed in a public pool, turned the water bright blue, and everyone ran out screaming.

This post was edited

Seen some pretty messes in hot tubs used by adults too. Just keep the chemicals topped up
Is it true that there is a chemical that will turn urine bright blue? There was a really funny seen in the movie Grownups with Adam Sandler and Kevin James where they peed in a public pool, turned the water bright blue, and everyone ran out screaming.
A friend of mine used to tell neighborhood kids he had a chemical like that in his pool. One day one of the kids walked up to him and said "Mr R*, it doesn't work" LOL

This post was edited

Is it true that there is a chemical that will turn urine bright blue? There was a really funny [scene] in the movie Grownups with Adam Sandler and Kevin James where they peed in a public pool, turned the water bright blue, and everyone ran out screaming.
A friend of mine used to tell neighborhood kids he had a chemical like that in his pool. One day one of the kids walked up to him and said "Mr R*, it doesn't work" LOL
Speaking of "oops" that should be scene and not seen. I've changed it in my first post :p Nobody's perfect :)

This post was edited

I will never understand why people want to have a bath in their garden. A swimming pool YES.

Because a pool cannot be used all year long. A hot tub is great to soothe aching muscles/back, and relaxing in 24/7/365.

This post was edited

I will never understand why people want to have a bath in their garden. A swimming pool YES.

You ever been in a boiling hot tub in the middle of winter, even surrounded by snow? There is simply nothing like it!

This post was edited

You ever been in a boiling hot tub in the middle of winter, even surrounded by snow? There is simply nothing like it! I hear a lot of good things about it, but I've never had an opportunity to try it. T_T

This post was edited
Hot Tub

I love my hot tub, I keep on top of maintenance and usenatural biologic (silver) filters and only oxygenating chemicals. That being said, if it wasn't for my hot tub, when I had knee surgery in the early 90's, I probably wouldn't be able to walk today. Having the surgery in winter, I needed the hot water to break up scar tissue inside the knee once the sutures healedto gain range of motion. My wife was a godsend helping me across the icy deck in February. We had some good laughs at my 'lameness' at that time. Good memories from a hard time. Hot water helps a lot of maladies when used correctly. Having a hot chocolate while in the tub during a gentle winter snowstorm has to be experienced at least once!

This post was edited
RE: Hot Tubs

I met a lady through my work that was responsible for testing hot tubs and swimming pools in parks and camp grounds. I asked her what she thought of a well respected public camp ground( Good Sams Club ) that was in our area? She said she would never use a public pool or hot tub ever again!

This post was edited