From an antique life model

I got my start as a life model in the 1960s, in a small drawing group of gay guys. Because of the nature of the group and the public attitude at the time, we didn't seek models from the outside. Thus a few of us took turns under the lights. It was fascinating and educational. We quickly discovered that the hardest part of figure modeling is holding still it always looks far easier than it is. We learned that dynamic poses are great for gestures but turn the body into a pain machine halfway through longer ones. Both the models and the artists preferred natural poses without knowing what they were called.

Despite the group's nature, it was non-sexual. It was rare when "that" happened, and obviously no one was offended. It made for some great banter. We who shared the modeling got pretty good at it. It was a total blast.

However, time marched on, a few of the guys moved away or just left, and after about a year, the group disbanded. We went our separate ways, and life interfered with that avocation.

I am not now an active life model. This is not because of a lack of desire, but rather due to no known opportunities within 40 miles for males as models, let alone "mature", non-buff males. Such is the irony of living in an area that considers itself an art mecca. C'est la vie.

My primary activity these days is my website for new and prospective models. Comments would be appreciated. Peace and blessings!

https://tinyurl.com/7zzwskb

This topic was edited
No replies yet.