RE:natural privacy screening

Without seeing the situation, it's not easy to know what's best. But I like the idea of putting in a raised bed. That way, you wouldn't be so limited in choices of plant types. Would 3-4 loads of dirt be enough to build a dike looking dirt mound across the back? Dirt isn't too terribly expensive. You'd have to be careful to not divert water onto your neighbor's property though.
I have a privacy fence and then woods across the back so I don't need a screen. But I have a couple of 7' wide clumps of bamboo anyway, with shoots about 2" in diameter and 35' high. A row of clumps of that variety would work great for a privacy screen. Unfortunately, I have no clue what the variety name is for my bamboo.

This post was edited

I have neighbours' gardens on all sides (I live in a semi-detached house) so only my next-door neighbour can see into the bottom end of my garden. Between us there is a thorny tree which screens my sunbathing area, but my neighbour is okay about my nude sunbathing anyway. I have five-foot fence panels covered with Montana clematis, which is a rapid and prolific climber, covered with masses of pink flowers. The opposite side has six-foot panels with more clematis, and tall flowering shrubs. The bottom of my garden backs onto a bungalow garden, so I am screened by a tall split bamboo cane fence (it came in a roll and I used two layers so there were no gaps). There is a beech hedge behind it too. If your fence is less than six-foot tall, fix a sturdy trellis on to the top half of the panel, protruding a couple of feet above the fence, and plant clematis about eight feet apart. It needs to be cut back at the end of the season, but it will quickly grow back in the spring.

This post was edited

Without seeing the situation, it's not easy to know what's best. But I like the idea of putting in a raised bed. That way, you wouldn't be so limited in choices of plant types. Would 3-4 loads of dirt be enough to build a dike looking dirt mound across the back? Dirt isn't too terribly expensive. You'd have to be careful to not divert water onto your neighbor's property though.I have a privacy fence and then woods across the back so I don't need a screen. But I have a couple of 7' wide clumps of bamboo anyway, with shoots about 2" in diameter and 35' high. A row of clumps of that variety would work great for a privacy screen. Unfortunately, I have no clue what the variety name is for my bamboo.
well trouble with my home it sits up on a incline while her home is down somewhat so only trees , large bushes or bamboo will work home is also two story which even when her tree was there I wasn't to concerned with. I planted 3 crypte myrtles trees that grow 12-15 feet but supposedly spread as far if I remember right and yes may take a few year but always have good luck with them.

This post was edited

I've used both rolls of camo found through catalogs, and thin bamboo curtains. Also some fabric intended for privacy curtains that I put on a line, and just pull across the viewing area I want blocked when in need. Works to give me about 40% yard privacy.
thought about some type screening but want it as natural as possible almost forest like on my borders , luckily it's only the middle up to my back door but I have another back door that leads to my back porch which is pretty private + I can go nude out in the back yard to the left third of yard. sometime you just gotta adjust lol.

This post was edited

I have seen a few privacy fence's painted or stained in a small camouflaged pattern that looked pretty decent.

This post was edited

as I've said before I have Leyland cypress trees surrounding my backyard my neighbors have them too as they are popular privacy screening in my area but I have three stubborn ones lol that grow in kinda a wet area of my yard that are the runts but I did a little research and found some food for these guys and Wow after just a month they have grown maybe another two feet . i'm hoping by fall they will be maybe 6 feet and spread out a little.

This post was edited