Northern Michigan

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of locations for skinny-dipping or outdoor nudity in Northern Michigan? We will be spending the summer Up North. From Google Maps it appears there are ample secluded areas for some outdoor nudity. Any information will be appreciated.

This topic was edited
RE:Northern Michigan

There is a resort in Mesick. A bit south of traverse city i think

This post was edited

There is a resort in Mesick. A bit south of traverse city i think
Thanks.

This post was edited

Since its now officially summer and the weather is conducive to outdoor nudity in Northern Michigan wanted to refresh this topic.

This post was edited

I've heard Otter Creek/Esch Road Beach used to be a bit of an unofficial nude beach but not sure if that still holds up today.

This post was edited

I've heard Otter Creek/Esch Road Beach used to be a bit of an unofficial nude beach but not sure if that still holds up today.
Thanks for the info. A bit too far south to cheek out this summer.

This post was edited

The beaches at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore are so remote that it is likely you could get away with being nude. They are however about a mile walk from the parking lots. The two eastern most are the least used.

This post was edited

The beaches at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore are so remote that it is likely you could get away with being nude. They are however about a mile walk from the parking lots. The two eastern most are the least used.
Thanks. Theres so much secluded state and national lands in Northern Michigan it seems it should be easy to find places for relaxing nude outdoors.

This post was edited

Regarding nudity at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. I was in the area in June and took the Pictured Rocks scenic boat ride out of Muninsing, MI and when we came to one of the park's beaches the tour narrator mentioned that on warm summer days you can see people in the nude on the beach. It would have been either Mosquito or Chapel Beach, I can't remember which.
Given the remote location, it wouldnt surprise me if both beaches saw nude use.

This post was edited

Otter Creek Beach - within the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore Park, is regularly patrolled by Rangers. Mere nudity in the park is unfortunately acceptable to management there. People who are skinny dipping or nude sunbathing; run the risk of being verbally warned & entered into their database. If caught again, the results are worse. Some folks have been ticketed - still others have been arrested !

This post was edited