Obsolete Clothing Items

Over the past 50 or so years, men's pajamas seem to have all but disappeared. At the same time, women's slips petticoats etc.have become virtually nonexistent. Even mens jackets and ties have gone from commonplace to rare.
Any one think men's underwear will at some point have the same fate?

This topic was edited
RE:Obsolete Clothing Items

PJs are going because more guys are wearing shorts/underwear or nothing to bed. Its just more common. Underwear will never go, its necessary to wear most of the time if you are active or if its hot out. Plus I would rather not wear sweatpants without underwear anywhere but home...

This post was edited

PJs are going because more guys are wearing shorts/underwear or nothing to bed. Its just more common. Underwear will never go, its necessary to wear most of the time if you are active or if its hot out. Plus I would rather not wear sweatpants without underwear anywhere but home...

I wore underwear less often I in hot weather than other times before I stopped completely.

This post was edited

I doubt that underwear will ever go away. Though I sleep nude and live nude when possible, when I am clothed I wear briefs. For me it is just more comfortable to have the boys restrained a bit.

This post was edited

I doubt that underwear will ever go away. Though I sleep nude and live nude when possible, when I am clothed I wear briefs. For me it is just more comfortable to have the boys restrained a bit.

As we get older and the plumbing gets less reliable underwear is handy.
My wife uses it to hold a small pad in place when she needs it and I wear a small cotton g-string when I'm on a long journey, especially if wearing light coloured trousers.

This post was edited

I take diuretic and if I have to be away from home, I will wear a depends Incase I start to flow before I can make it to a restroom.

This post was edited

No they haven't. I am currently sitting here in a set of pajamas typing. I can't sleep in them but for cooler days they a re quite nice for lounging.

This post was edited

I had a pair for lounging at one point, but found sweats to be just as comfortable and didn't need to change if I went out.

This post was edited

I think PJs became less useful when homes got central heating. No longer needing to get into a cold bed. And undies serve no purpose at all. Maybe they did in the old days when clothes were changed and washed only once a week.

This post was edited