Men's room observation.

Today while catering a huge company picnic, I took a pre break. I walked into the men's bathroom and went to one of eight urinals to do my business. Four others were occupied. When I got done I turned around to see a young man 20s? waiting until one was open that did not have someone on either side. Really? Are guys that shy?

This topic was edited
RE:Men's room observation.

Maybe he just didnt want to be in someone elses splash zone?

This post was edited

Today while catering a huge company picnic, I took a pre break. I walked into the men's bathroom and went to one of eight urinals to do my business. Four others were occupied. When I got done I turned around to see a young man 20s? waiting until one was open that did not have someone on either side. Really? Are guys that shy?

I got one better...

More and more younger guys won't even use the urinals. They'll wait for a stall to open and pee in the toilet with the door closed and locked and there are several urinals open! So I'd say, yeah... young guys are really that shy.

;D

This post was edited

I do have a friend of mine that can't pee if someone is around. But I do think the younger generation is a lot more conservative these days.

This post was edited

There are a lot of guys that are pee-shy. It's not so much hyper-modest as a feeling of psychological pressure when you feel you're being watched. It isn't that uncommon. The fact that other guys are paying attention, as evidenced by this thread, probably reinforces the pee-shyness.

This post was edited

There are a lot of guys that are pee-shy. It's not so much hyper-modest as a feeling of psychological pressure when you feel you're being watched. It isn't that uncommon. The fact that other guys are paying attention, as evidenced by this thread, probably reinforces the pee-shyness.

BLOOP! This is the thing ... why do you care?

Hey. My name is Taller, and I am pee-shy.

It's kinda crazy... I am a gay man and a nudist. So, I am not shy around other men. I don't mind being naked, and I certainly don't care if another man sees my junk. And, I am FAR from conservative. But yeah, there's just a thing that happens, and it's torture! I can't explain why.

Busy airport or ballpark situation where guys are lined up and everyone is waiting on me ... that's a lot of pressure. It won't happen. I'll even wait until I have to go super bad, get to the urinal (I keep trying) and it's impossible. The urge is totally gone.

The weird thing, is if I go pee next to a friend and we just talk and whatever, then it's not a problem. Another friend gave me his secret, which probably only gay men my age will appreciate... close your eyes and imagine the TLC video "Waterfalls" and sing the words to yourself picturing the girls dancing on top of a waterfall... works like a champ! LOL

This post was edited

I also grew up with troughs at arenas and airports but when urinals were available, my friends and I would go every other one or wait outside even though 2 hours earlier, we were taking a gang shower in the locker room at school. Makes no sense but we were kids.

This post was edited

Perhaps this video is more accurate than one would have thought?

https://youtu.be/KnOaMC8KHA4

This post was edited

There is a guy that works for another company that when someone is at one of the 2 man urinals he takes a toilet. If you both walk into the bathroom he will take the toilet. There is a divider between the urinals yet he prefers to take the toilet. I have gone in there and he has been standing at the urinal but there is no one else in the bathroom. I like to have fun with these types of guys and purposely take the urinal next to them ever though there could be 10 other urinals open. Is that wrong?

This post was edited

Technical name is Paruresis or Bashful Bladder. It is quite a common social phobia. Basically, Shy Bladder is an anxiety disorder. As long as nothing is wrong organically, it is intense social anxiety and embarrassment that causes an individual to tighten the urinary sphincter muscle so that they cannot go. ... It is not known for sure what the cause is of paruresis is. I used to have it when in long queues to pee. The pressure to get in and out of the rest room quickly, creates a tension that stops the flow! There are ways to overcome it, but not many guys will try to be helped. Social conditioning by our conservative, moralistic society about the naked body, nudism and sex is, in my opinion, the problem.

This post was edited

I also grew up with troughs at arenas and airports but when urinals were available, my friends and I would go every other one or wait outside even though 2 hours earlier, we were taking a gang shower in the locker room at school. Makes no sense but we were kids.

The Boston Garden had troughs until the day they tore it down in 1997. Fenway Park had them until the current owners decided not to build a new stadium and renovated Fenway after they won the World Series in 2004. Foxboro Stadium might have had them, but our seats were in the end zone, so we were stuck with porta-potties (thank God the Patriots left the 18th century behind when they built Gillette Stadium). Growing up I never saw them.

This post was edited