Surfing naked is the best!

Of all the sports I've done naked I think surfing has to be the best. You're in the water and the sun totally free of clothing . Like skinny dipping times 10.

This topic was edited
RE:Surfing naked is the best!

Tried surfing a couple of times while I was in the Navy. Rented longboards on Waikiki Beach. I got up a couple of times but someone should have told me about rash guards! ;DDDDD I about took my nipples off the first time! ;DD

It's fun to watch and even better when the surfers are naked! ;-)

This post was edited

Tried surfing a couple of times while I was in the Navy. Rented longboards on Waikiki Beach. I got up a couple of times but someone should have told me about rash guards! ;DDDDD I about took my nipples off the first time! ;DD

:-DDDDDDDDD Now that's a funny vision!!

This post was edited

I remember the first time I heard of surfing naked. I thought no way in hell would I ever do that thinking of the rash I would get down there since I know the rash I get on my nipples. Fast forward years into the future and now I have surfed naked many many times without a rash down there. I did get a rash on my thighs once but that was because I had just shaved that morning.

I love the feeling of being free in the water and getting a tan. I need to go again before the water gets too cold. Its already 67* which is almost cold enough to start wearing a wetsuit to stay warm which means going from being free to being restricted.

This post was edited

Not a surfer but naked boog!ie boarding is great, too

This post was edited

I believe that Hawaiians always surfed naked before European and American settlers discouraged it.

This post was edited

"I believe that Hawaiians always surfed naked before European and American settlers discouraged it."

Perhaps that was everything! I remember when I was young and TV miniseries were all the rage in Australia, there was one on the life of James Cook. To add authenticity, when he visited some Pacific Islands, the actresses playing the islanders all were topless for the sake of authenticity. Apparently they were paid extra so they would appear like their forebears did as a matter of course. I remember seeing the articles and the series, which my parents must have let pass due to the authenticity angle and because the rest of the series was quite good and relevant for an Australian audience.

This post was edited

"I believe that Hawaiians always surfed naked before European and American settlers discouraged it."Perhaps that was everything! I remember when I was young and TV miniseries were all the rage in Australia, there was one on the life of James Cook. To add authenticity, when he visited some Pacific Islands, the actresses playing the islanders all were topless for the sake of authenticity. Apparently they were paid extra so they would appear like their forebears did as a matter of course. I remember seeing the articles and the series, which my parents must have let pass due to the authenticity angle and because the rest of the series was quite good and relevant for an Australian audience.

True. From what I have read, the normal attire of Hawaiians when Europeans arrived was grass skirts and no tops for women and nothing for men. Women swam nude. When we were in Hawaii, at the Polynesian Cultural Center, which is owned and run by Latter Day Saints, the women, including the dancers, all wore sleeveless blouses that covered their midsection. When someone made a comment about them not being authentic, someone else replied that neither were the bikini tops that the dancers at other venues wore,

This post was edited

All naked watersport is wonderful but I agree that surfing naked is the greatest. I do it whenever I can, unfortunately not as often as I would like. I go to Pea Island on the North Carolina Outer Banks (OBX). It is not an official nude beach but it is a National Wildlife Refuge so there is no vehicle access. Only foot traffic can get to the beach, through the bush and dunes. People are far apart, so I am able to spend pretty much the whole day naked on the beach and in the water. This used to be a popular nudist destination but during the late 90's one of the rangers became obsessed with arresting nudists. He is long gone and the current rangers don't seem to come looking for nudists. They do a daily run early morning and late afternoon on a ATV, looking for turtle nests to protect with fencing. Between runs I see no sign of them.

I have also board-sailed naked. That is also enjoyable but the harness needed for sailing a short board detracts somewhat from the enjoyment.

This post was edited

Tried surfing a couple of times while I was in the Navy. Rented longboards on Waikiki Beach. I got up a couple of times but someone should have told me about rash guards! ;DDDDD I about took my nipples off the first time! ;DDIt's fun to watch and even better when the surfers are naked! ;-)

I hear ya on the rash guard. Every spring after wearing a wetsuit all winter you have to go through the same situation unless wearing one.

This post was edited