Two Good Articles

I saw an article linked in Reddits nudism group. It turned out to be two years old, but its new to you its very nude positive. When I read it, I noticed a link to another article the same author, Allison Yates.

The first is called, Your Lack of Nudity is Hurting Us All. A sentiment I heartily agree with:

These spaces arent meant to further sexualize the body or shame people. In a place like a nude beach or spa, the point isnt necessarily to promote body acceptance. In fact, the body is simply an accessory, a means to an end. The body is the unavoidable method the heart and soul require to relish an experience. Being in this space, we see that no body, no matter its shape, stretch mark patterns, crooked breasts, or hairy ass limits an individual from fully participating.We need these spaces, because they can help us be okay with ourselves when it doesnt come so easily.

She also got topless in Ibiza and got Fuck Off status. What is that, you ask? Well, she wrote about that in the other article.

I, too, pondered those things. I tried desperately to be okay with my body not even love it, just be able to live without constant anxiety and failed. Until, miraculously, I stopped giving a shit.Thats called achieving Fuck Off Status

This topic was edited
RE:Two Good Articles

A good article! And this passage speaks volumes about how the majority of us represent the typical body shape and should not feel compelled to to be anything other than ourselves.

Ninety-eight percent of bodies we see displayed in the media are a form less than two percent of us can achieve.

We need to spend more time being happy, being healthy in both mind and body, and sharing good time with the people that matter most.

This post was edited

Ive been sending the article around to friends. I love the tone she writes it in.

This post was edited

I too love the tone the articles take - for so many of us we had to learn to love ourselves or care less what others thought of us in order to dip our toe into the waters!

This post was edited

I stopped giving a shit. Thats called achieving Fuck Off Status
That's exactly the place I was in my life!
"If I want to be naked, I'm going to be naked"
Being free to be yourself and stop giving a shit about what others think is almost as liberating as being naked!
For me, it was a two-fer!

This post was edited

Good articles. Thanks for sharing them.

This post was edited