Has anyone used a home permanent hair removial?

I would love to permanently remove some of my hair. Amazon has some laser units for home use. Does it really work?

This topic was edited
RE:Has anyone used a home permanent hair removial?

I have very dark hair I make this comment as most EPL's / lasers only work well on dark hair. I purchased a Phillips EPL and used it for a few months. No success at all so I sold it on cheap. I would pay a reputable clinic to do some treatments first and see if they work for you and then look at purchasing a new unit. These are not cheap, the unit I purchased was about $860 AUD. So check out the results before you buy.
Cheers Steve
PS. I hope this helps.

This post was edited

True. I have light ginger pubes and nothing works.

This post was edited

I did laser in 2010..... You have to have darker hair, the laser will not zap it otherwise. It feels sooooo smooth when do takes like 5 treatments.. Worth the money, I had to go on testosterone which makes it grow back lightly.. I just need to go for a touch up and that will last for a while. We do have a home one but never really used it much. You have to understand that it takes awhile to get results. I noticed a real difference on like month 4. If you have any questions send me a message

This post was edited

I tried it too. As you say it only works on dark hair and takes several treatments over a period of time. Some are easier than others. Some require the laser head to be positioned precisely and fired - very tedious. At least the NoNo triggers the light as it's moved. Anyhow I was left with just gray hair - not very flattering. And I get more gray hair at my age.

This post was edited

Hi how are you my friend!! a question? I want to do laser hair removal. My hair is black. But am I afraid of causing a lot of irritation in the testicles? How did it go there? Thank you very much for the information

This post was edited

We bought a Remington ILight Pro unit a few years ago for several hundred dollars. We both used it, me more that her. She would use it when I asked her to zap me and then I would trade up and do her. Her skin was a bit lighter and hair a bit darker than my light tan skin with dark brown hair. I used it for several months in the off season from January until we started to get out in the sun, probably 8 or 9 complete sessions across my chest belly and down to my knees. I use it on the highest setting everywhere except on my sack which I turned it down one notch and made two passes down around until it became too sensitive.
The machine has a one to five strength adjustabilty. The zap feels like taking a thick rubber band and snapping yourself with it. I could not handle it on 3 and felt 2 was not strong enough to accomplish anything.
After the end of the summer I could not tell any difference with any hair loss. Same with the wife but I can not say she gave it a honest try. I certainly did.
They are selling on flea-bay for 50 to 100 buck. I'd let mine go if someone wanted to try it.
I would try a professional service but none around here do men.

This post was edited

Has any one tried Electrolysis as it is another type of hair removal technique. I have gray and ginger hair which does not work for laser as I was told. I'm looking at electrolysis as another way of doing it other then shaving which I am doing now. Let me know if anyone has tried and how did it feel and turn out.

This post was edited