Oregon and Vermont

Taking all things into consideration, (legality of nudity, political climate, social acceptability of nudity, weather, seasons, cost of living, etc.), which is the better place to live, Oregon or Vermont? In either case, we're talking well out in the county on at least 3-5 acres.

This topic was edited
RE:Oregon and Vermont

So, maybe answer a different question for me.

What do you consider the pros and cons of living as a nudist in rural Oregon?

This post was edited

I'm going to move to either Oregon or Vermont -- because of their favorable laws regarding nudity -- trying to make a decision as to which one would be better.

I was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been to Oregon a few times (never been to Vermont). I like it there, but my knowledge of it is VERY superficial.

I believe the winters in SW Oregon (Medford area) would be rather mild compared to any place in Vermont, but that's not the only consideration. I believe Vermont is really heavy on protecting and supporting liberty -- fairly Libertarian. I believe Oregon is way more controlling/democrat.

But that's all very broad stroke and doesn't necessarily mean anything in day-to-day practice.

This post was edited

I'm going to move to either Oregon or Vermont -- because of their favorable laws regarding nudity -- trying to make a decision as to which one would be better.I was born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been to Oregon a few times (never been to Vermont). I like it there, but my knowledge of it is VERY superficial.I believe the winters in SW Oregon (Medford area) would be rather mild compared to any place in Vermont, but that's not the only consideration. I believe Vermont is really heavy on protecting and supporting liberty -- fairly Libertarian. I believe Oregon is way more controlling/democrat.But that's all very broad stroke and doesn't necessarily mean anything in day-to-day practice.

Wouldn't any place in either of those states be a lot less warm than where you are now? I have read somewhere on this board that Florida is also relatively tolerant of nudity, plus it is a lot warmer.

This post was edited

March 11 , 2021 . Biggest thing about Vermont and their view towards nudity is that you can not be seen actively getting naked . You can appear naked after undressing in a car or from behind a tree or a wide thick bush , or a boulder . Just can not be seen getting naked by someone else . Being seen actively getting naked ( dropping your pants and underwear ) can get you a ticket in Vermont .
Because that is personally preforming a lewd act . But nudity , being seen naked , is not against state law . Because there isn't a state
law prohibiting it . But local governments can enact their own laws against it . Don't know about Oregon . Only visited Oregon as an 11 year old in July . Long long before I knew anything about nudity , or being openly naked in front of someone else . Steve

This post was edited

It's my understand that undressing in public is normally prohibited even if being nude is fine. So, you have to walk out of your house nude, or step out of your car nude, or find some hidden place to remove your clothing. I'm sure a stall in any men's room would suffice.

However, my goal is to live in one of those two states and essentially be nude all the time -- with consideration given to sub-zero temperatures. I'm not particularly concerned about getting undress in public as I would likely already be nude in my house or in my car.

I believe the laws in those two states regarding nudity are reasonably similar -- so I was wondering about the other aspects that might influence my decision.

This post was edited

I've never been to Oregon before but I did own a place in Vermont so I've spent lots of time naked outside there....
Thanks. I appreciate the response. I'm leaning towards Oregon for several reasons but Vermont definitely has marks in it's side of the board. Vermont is supposed to be very Libertarian -- you live your life; I'll live mine. The long cold winters would seem to make a great place to visit during the summer but go home for the winter. Oregon will definitely have colder winters that where I live now, but my guess is that SW Oregon will be fairly mild in that regard.

Not sure how the social/political climate in Oregon would playout regarding day-to-day nude living. Anyone have any insight into that?

This post was edited