Ocracoke Island

I am going to be visiting near the Outer Banks at the end of March and I am hoping for weather warm enough to find a secluded spot on the beach. I have read there are some places on Ocracoke Island that are a little more accomodating to nudity even though it is not technically legal. Just curious if anyone has more specific information for Ocracoke, everything I am finding is rather vague. Worst case scenario I can tuck up tight to a dune on a remote section with a sun umbrella and be extra vigilant. I just thought it would be nice if there is an area that is more accepting and perhaps some others that are also nude. Sometimes there is safety in numbers.

This topic was edited
RE:Ocracoke Island

I've not spent much time nude on Ocracoke (only a few minutes on a new years day polar plunge), but it used to be that the spot was 1/4 mile south of the pony pens. I know it's not much, but that's the best info I have.

This post was edited

Thanks! Looking closely at satelite maps that seems to be a pretty good place.

This post was edited

Pea Island may or may not be a viable option too. It used to be an open secret, but all the construction in the area over the past 10 years or so may have changed things. I've not been there in over a year. With the jug handle bridge being built I don't know how that will affect things. Hopefully it will settle down and be someplace we can go to get some sun. There have been tickets issued in the past, I don't know what the tone will be this year though. Hopefully it will be live and let live.

This post was edited