Message Count Badge

Why can't the message count badge be corrected?

For the longest time, mine has indicated three more messages that I really have.
three instead of zero
four instead of one
Etc.

After the site freeze, it now says I have four more messages than I actually have AND
the badge on my TS account now indicates one more message than I actually have.

Why can't these counts be reset to reflect reality?

This topic was edited
RE:Message Count Badge

Why can't the message count badge be corrected?For the longest time, mine has indicated three more messages that I really have.three instead of zerofour instead of oneEtc.After the site freeze, it now says I have four more messages than I actually have ANDthe badge on my TS account now indicates one more message than I actually have.Why can't these counts be reset to reflect reality?

Related question.
Why does the count go down when messages are deleted by a moderator or someone leaves the site and all of the threads they started disappear?

This post was edited

There is a simple answer. Whenever IT corrects something, they screw 3 other things up. I noticed I can not attach photos to group posts so there is probably 1 more thing lurking out there.
Seriously though, I have noticed that if you do not click each individual message and reply it does not show as read and still shows on the message counter. I have tried clicking the "mark all as read" tab. Sometimes it works, sometimes there is a delay (maybe that is the 3rd thing ;-)

This post was edited

My TN account has too many messages to make it worth trying stuff on without some assurance that it will work. My TS account only have 14 message conversation. None of them have unread messages. Yet, the Message Count Badge says there's one unread message.

I open each conversation and marked each incoming message as unread. And then went back through and marked them all read. I have used the "Mark as Read" action. All to no avail. The Message Court Badge still indicates 1 unread message.

This post was edited

My TN account has too many messages to make it worth trying stuff on without some assurance that it will work. My TS account only have 14 message conversation. None of them have unread messages. Yet, the Message Count Badge says there's one unread message.I open each conversation and marked each incoming message as unread. And then went back through and marked them all read. I have used the "Mark as Read" action. All to no avail. The Message Court Badge still indicates 1 unread message.

Good to see you posting again.

This post was edited

Mine wont even delete messages I dont want also.

This post was edited

Good to see you posting again.Thanks.

This post was edited

Mine wont even delete messages I dont want also.The delete feature has never worked -- as far was I know.

This post was edited

Kinda makes me wonder if these two sites are worth it. I pay to be a member on this once but gun shy on the other.

This post was edited

I'm paid life-time on both of them.

The other one seems to be run better than this one, but I'm not a swinger or into that life at all.

This post was edited

It must be very frustrating and I know it would annoy the hell out of me. Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Can't understand why it's fine for some and not for others but maybe it's browser related? I have found that unread counts on both TN and TS for Messages and Activity don't reset instantly but usually clear as soon as I refresh.
We're talking at least a year or two. It's not a matter of instantly.

And I tried a few browsers. Some of which I had never used for true nudists before.

All show the same counts.

This post was edited