RE:What is the longest you have owned a car?

I have owned several for 10 years or so.1972 Plymouth Duster. Lived in a cookie cutter development at the time we sold it and friends and relatives had trouble finding our house.2003 Grand Caravan2013 Grand Cavavan. This one we still own and just passed the 10 year mark recently, so it is just barely the longest and we intend to keep it a while longer.

The while longer turned out to be only a few months. My son and a deer ran into each other. While the damage was only moderate, it doesn't tale much to total an 11 year old car.

This post was edited

Have to say 8 years was the longest, most of the time we get rid of them in 5

This post was edited

This post was edited

This post was edited

This post was edited

This post was edited

This post was edited

Still have a 2006 Ford and my other cars are a similar age but bought used. Our climate means no salt on the roads so I am happy to keep driving until maintenance requirements suggest it's time to upgrade. Last such instances I found a younger example of my tired one. Every time I rent something I'm reminded that I don't want such features as stop-start or obtrusive lane-keeping.

This post was edited

This week saw the 40th anniversary of my ownership of my first Citroen.

Previous best was seven years of an Isuzu Gemini but I am now 15 years into continuous ownership of a Highlander and not looking to change her out. Having said that I have owned over a dozen cars most only a couple of years each and one not even 12months after being written off in accident.

This post was edited

My Dad used to be a car salesman. He once mentioned a lady who came to pick up her new car only to not look properly upon exiting the dealership. Car only lasted a few metres in her care.

This post was edited