RE:Nudist footwear

For hiking I have a pair of quite minimalistic trail running shoes from the Merrell trail glove series which I use as backup when barefoot isn't possible. But usually they keep staying in the backpack. They are very lightweight and comfortable, but have a good grippy Vibram sole. I think the minimalistic design fits somehow with being naked, at least more then heavy hiking boots.

I wear the trail gloves as well. I also have the Keen trail sandals which are fairly open on top but have a thick vibram sole for rocky soil.

This post was edited

I am usually barefoot. I don't run into issues with dirty/filthy/cracked heel feet. Not ashamed to say, my wife and I go get pedicures every two weeks. If I have to wear footwear, it depends on the terrain. Hiking; hiking boots, walking: walking/casual wear shoes like Sketchers Go Walk, beach; Telic flip flops.

This post was edited

I have a thing about things touching the bottom of my feet. Have for as long as I can remember. Maybe from walking in the nasty group showers as a kid at the pool. Anyway, now, I have to have something on my feet.

My first nude experience, I wore crock like hard plastic slip ons. They were fine until I hiked up the mountain and one of them slipped off as I was climbing out of a pool. I cut the bottom of my foot on a jagged rock. The hike down was painful. The next year. I wore what we call pool shoes. Light weight rubber bottom, mesh topped shoes that have a back so they stay on. The bottoms got eaten up by the rocks on the trail and were ruined.

Now, I wear hiking boots to hike, tennis shoes to play court games and some spa slips ons that have hold on the top and bottom for quick drying for most everything else. I got the idea from the shoes they give you at the King Spas.

This post was edited

Thank you for the recommendation! I have been looking for something like this but its a minefield out there with so much choice. The nudist beach I go to in Auckland is a 20-30 minute hike from the car park, sometimes over wet rocks or over a hilltop track if high tide, and a $70 pair of Converses just dont do it. After your recommendation I bought a pair of Trail Gloves in Pine Gum colour and I love them!

This post was edited

I have a thing about things touching the bottom of my feet. Have for as long as I can remember. Maybe from walking in the nasty group showers as a kid at the pool. Anyway, now, I have to have something on my feet.

If we're showering, using the restroom, at a public place, a campground, beach, a club or resort, we both wear flip flops/shower shoes. I wore them in the military, during my career on the fire department and after I did that, I didn't have any foot issues. My wife isn't a real barefoot type person unless here at home. She's usually barefoot inside the house but not out in the yard and not while in public. She's always got at least flip flops on, when we're not home.

This post was edited

I could never get used to the annoying thong on the flip flops. When we were young, we actually did call them "thongs" Anyone remember that? Wanting maximum comfort, only the types that have top straps or a partial foot cover provide this but are often not well fitting. I just bought my third pair of rope sandals in 3 years. A different color from the usual natural look. Wish they would last longer but they are by far the most comfortable.

This post was edited

After your recommendation I bought a pair of Trail Gloves in Pine Gum colour and I love them!

Great you could find an adequate solution from the contris here. Have a great time at your beach!

This post was edited

In Australia they still called thongs. That's a great story! I've got a few of my own. There's a song that goes let me see that Thong. Thong Tha Thong Thong Thong.

When that song came out, I asked my kids why this guy wanted to look at peoples feet? Of course I got the DAAAAAD. We used to call the underware G-Strings.

This post was edited

In Australia they still called thongs. That's a great story! I've got a few of my own. There's a song that goes let me see that Thong. Thong Tha Thong Thong Thong.When that song came out, I asked my kids why this guy wanted to look at peoples feet? Of course I got the DAAAAAD. We used to call the underware G-Strings.

The aptly named thong song

This post was edited

I am a total barefoot fan! I wear shoes only if needed/required. Ive even considered getting some stick on shoes. They stick to,the bottom of your feed, but otherwise your feet are bare.

This post was edited