Hanlon's Point Toronto

Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a wonderful and legal nude beach in Toronto on the island in the Harbour called Hanlon's Point. If you are visiting this summer, you must visit. It's a short and pretty ferry ride from downtown.

This topic was edited
RE: Hanlon's Point Toronto

I've never been to Hanlan's Point beach, but... rumors that it is "gay" beach you will hear about pretty every public clothing optional beach, either it will be Haulover Beach in Florida or Okapulco in Quebec. The fact that the majority of people there are male and that some of them will indentify themselves as gay and stay together in one part of the beach doesn't make (in my opinion) a "gay beach"...

This post was edited

I've never been to Hanlan's Point beach, but... rumors that it is "gay" beach you will hear about pretty every public clothing optional beach, either it will be Haulover Beach in Florida or Okapulco in Quebec. The fact that the majority of people there are male and that some of them will indentify themselves as gay and stay together in one part of the beach doesn't make (in my opinion) a "gay beach"...

Agreed - Hanlan's point is definitely not a gay only beach. Since nudists are a cross-section of the population, you will find all there.

This post was edited

I went there this summer, it was my first ever nude beach or any sort of nude experience ... but there were a lot of gays there, not that anything is wrong with it obviously.
All the same though, people could have been friendlier there, I tried to start conversation and would smile and nid and whoever looked at me, but no one seemed interested in conversation
I didn't mind though, I just enjoyed getting the full nudist experience for the first time in my life.

This post was edited

We have been there once several years ago and it didn't appear outwardly gay. There were couples, single men and women. Didn't ask anyone about their personal persuasion though.

This post was edited

Been there three times in the summer. The beach is crowded with clothed people on my first two visits. The first time on the first hot day of the year on the first Tuesday of June, and then on Canada Day (1st July) and the next day again. Apparently the beach is fine if you go on a weekday, but there could be a big crowd of clothed people, and it is not totally surprising given the fact it is probably the only decent beach in all of Toronto. Clothed and naked people of course do get along well, although I was hoping more nudist will utilize, otherwise who knows what our right-wing conservative mayor Rob Ford will do one day.

This post was edited

I generally go on weekdays and have never seen bathing suits. It may be the only decent nude beach in Toronto, but there are other wonderful textile beaches.

This post was edited

I generally go on weekdays and have never seen bathing suits. It may be the only decent nude beach in Toronto, but there are other wonderful textile beaches.

My other nudist friends are worried that there is secret right wing movement to return Hanlan's Point back to a textile beach, hence we nudist really need to utilize it as much as we could, otherwise we will lose it. Just remember who is Toronto's mayor now and all nudists should rally if the danger comes.

This post was edited

I am a gay male living in Toronto. I love Hanlons beach. I find the combination of people who go now to the beach is a mixture of true nudist, gay men, curious on lookers. It has over the years since opening become more and more mixed crowd. I find that the Gay men stick to one end and the naturalist stay at the other. With some blending. I have this past summer noticed more and more non-nude people. At first it did not bother me, but as a true nudist I wish one end of the beach was a "nudist" beach and the other end clothing optional. I find many people come to look and make comments about body size and who should not be naked. I've defended many on this point. All in all we are very lucky to have this beach, and its come along way to shake off its tarnished reputation. As for people not being friendly, welcome to Toronto, one of the countries rudest cities. I personally am from a small town. Country boy in the big city.
But if you do come to Toronto you must spend some time naked under the sun at our very own Hanlon's Point. Bring a picnic and invite me.

This post was edited
RE: Hanlan's Point Toronto

I've been going to Hanlan's Point beach for over a decade (note the 'a' in the name). On hot summer weekend days (Toronto temperatures can get up to the mid-30s C) I have counted 500-600 people on the beach at any one time - about 95% of those nude, with a steady trickle of people arriving and leaving. Since the beach is about two km long that makes a lot of naked people in one place. And that many people in one place makes it popular...lol.
On cooler and week days the beach is less crowded but still well used with anywhere from 25-200 people showing up. The sand is kept clean and well groomed, the beach well maintained and patrolled. The water quality (for swimming) is very good, although this is cold Lake Ontario we are talking about. There are public washrooms/showers off the beach not too far away (but you do have to get dressed to use them) and a couple of snack bars close. On the small textile-only end you will find a manned lifeguard station. Alcohol is not supposed to be allowed and the same for overnight camping. If you don't have your own boat you have to take a short ferry ride to the Toronto Islands to visit ($7.00 gets you there and back) but admission to the beach itself is free. In the height of summer you can see lots of small and large watercraft anchored nearby, their owners either nude on deck or on the beach itself.
As is supposed to be common worldwide there are many more males then females, but I estimate the ratio can be 75-25 or 80-20 on most days. The atmosphere is pretty laid back, in contrast to the more upbeat mood of Canada's only other official nude beach Wreak Beach in Vancouver BC. People are friendly enough but also respect each others privacy and tend to keep their music low. It's great for relaxing and working on that tan.
Actually Hanlan's c/o beach increased the city revenue noticeably when it first 'officially' opened and that is why services are continually improved each year. It is just one of Toronto's well promoted attractions.

This post was edited
RE: Hanlan's Point Toronto

I It's great for relaxing and working on that tan.Actually Hanlan's c/o beach increased the city revenue noticeably when it first 'officially' opened and that is why services are continually improved each year. It is just one of Toronto's well promoted attractions.Thanks for the update on this beach. If/when we get to Toronto in the summer months we will fein tell check it out.

This post was edited