World Record - Skinny Dipping

If you asked the question; which country holds the world record for the most people skinny dipping at one time - I bet your first answer wouldn't be Ireland!

Well Ireland is the correct answer, and it was set by more than 2500 women.

So lets get this straight; a cold country can attract a single gender skinny dip and break the world record, by 758 people, previously set in Perth (a warm place) and which had a multi-gender participation! OMG!

Now there is nothing wrong with a single gender skinny dip at all, but from a 'marketing viewpoint' it immediately cuts the addressable market in half, and as many on here attest, men seem to make up the larger participation rate in the nude community...

But its time that Australia, and more importantly, Queensland, as the best place in the world to be nude, should throw the gauntlet down!

We need to start planning a major skinny dip event right here in Queensland. I cannot think of a better way to raise critical funds for a charity or two, but most importantly show the politicians here in Queensland that the community is accepting of nudity at our beaches!

This topic was edited
RE:World Record - Skinny Dipping

There was an attempt to make this skinnydipping record at Haulover Beach in Florida in July 2012. I was there. Seems there were over 800 signatures but do not know if that was a record at the time.

This post was edited

That may have set the record back then.
I believe Perth in Western Australia then beat that record a few years later. I believe it was set as about 1500 people.
With it now at 2500 people its actually hard to beat.
You have to have everybody in the water at the same time to claim the record and therefore need a very large beach and one that is very understanding!

This post was edited

Given how out-of-the-way our official (and even unofficial) beaches are, it may be a challenge. Would need to be a place in an accessible location that also allows the challenge to proceed.

This post was edited

How about Bondi beach?
The council did declared the beach clothing optional on the 26 November 2022 for Spencer Tunick photography event in support of the skin check program....they used a little known law the councils have...
New South Wales Consolidated Acts
LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1993 - SECT 633
Bathing (including nude bathing) and other water-based recreational activities633 Bathing (including nude bathing) and other water-based recreational activities..
To have the skinny dipping world record supported we would need to join a cause to raise awarness or funds for...
Any ideas?

This post was edited

The Spencer Tunick photo shoot wasn't a skinny dippping event though, was it?
As for the nude bathing act, that should be well known. The power to declare nude beaches was given to local councils in NSW back in the Nick Greiner era (1988-1992).

This post was edited

No it was skinny dipping event but most of us went for a quick deep at the end.
While this law may be known to the councils, i meant the general public is not aware of it.

This post was edited

I've not found the equivalent in other states, but it may also be an equivalent act to the NSW one.

This post was edited

from a 'marketing viewpoint' it immediately cuts the addressable market in half, and as many on here attest, men seem to make up the larger participation rate in the nude community...

On the other hand, my guess is that this was a huge win for nudism in general. I'm guessing that most of those 2505 women started their day as non-nudists. They went to the beach only to support their cause (Breast cancer awareness and a National Childrens Cancer Charity). But my reading of most of their comments, it appears they ended up having a blast and one of their life's greatest experiences. It's obvious to me that nudism gained quite a few new supporters that day.

We need to start planning a major skinny dip event right here in Queensland.

Same here in the USA. But politicians dance to the tune of their major donors and, to a lesser extent, major blocks of voters. Unfortunately, genuine nudists are neither of those. Personally, I think growing the number of genuine nudists depends on growing its number of women. And that means somehow getting them to just try it that first time. We need more of what happened in Wicklow, Ireland, 9 June 2018. That was a win/win for both nudism and a great charity.

Just my 2 cents.

This post was edited

While this law may be known to the councils, i meant the general public is not aware of it.

The general public don't know most council bylaws, so I don't see that as an argument. It just needs to be broadcast more around the nudist community. Same as down here in Wollongong. If the council wanted, they could make one of our 26 beaches clothes optional.

This post was edited

Qld has hosted a WNBR and also a Spencer Tunic shoot (at the airports third runway site, so clearly not a skinny dip). So I wonder what bylaw at the local government level was used for these two events

This post was edited