How to enjoy morning coffee with your significant other

Now, I can't claim that I speak for all women, so I'll put it in the first person singular, but I believe that many (most?) women will recognise themselves.

Guys, we know that some mornings you wake up with a desire to enjoy a nice cup of coffee - any cup of coffee in fact, but say mine is just more available, it's there, next to you. This is usually because you have dreamt of enjoying one - of course not mine, but that's fine, I know that and I don't mind it so much any more or I wouldn't be next to you when you wake up. And in fact a nice cup of coffee in the morning, served the French way, by dipping your croissant in my cup, can be delicious.

Now in the first years of our relation, you remember that whenever you had a croissant in the morning you could basically dip it immediately and unceremoniously, almost without waking me up, the cup would be instantly full and it would be a nice short ristretto which we both loved.

But let's face it, now I very much prefer my coffee in the evening, after a nice romantic diner... And sometimes you may have drunk a bit too much and/or are sleepy in the evening and don't want the cup of coffee, you just want to go to sleep. All that while you are often very proud of your morning croissant and want to dip it immediately.

I'm not against a nice morning coffee, far from it, but it should be well prepared. Don't wake me up like a hungry Gollum mumbling "my precious, my precious, coffee, coffee", I may be in the middle of a nice dream (yes, it can be about having a cup of coffee with another guy, but this kind of dream is hundreds, if not thousands of times less frequent than your similar one...).

So wake me up slowly and sweetly, caressing me lightly, kissing my cheek, ear, lips, chin, going down to my boobs, play with them some good long moments (both of them please, I know that one is closer to you than the other but don't be lazy!), then... stop there. Go no further. You see, unlike you, a cup full from yesterday does not stimulate me and does not make partaking a coffee with you any more enjoyable. Plus, unlike you, we are very keen on the cleanness of our cup before serving coffee in it to you so maybe you give us 30 seconds to refresh a bit?

So after these 30 seconds (which were, Ok, 3 minutes in fact) which you have most likely spent with your croissant in the right hand waiting for the coffee (unless you have fallen asleep, in which case we'll postpone the coffee to tomorrow) we can enjoy our coffee together. Now, one thing of importance here is that I am very sensitive to smells and tastes - far, far more than you are, as you well know. So as your croissant may be a bit stale at the beginning and past it's freshest, which may have been eight, but also 24 hours ago, don't ask me to taste it immediately. I'll happily do that a bit later on, after you have dipped it well in my cup and everything in the room smells good of freshly brewed coffee... You may start directly by dipping your croissant in the cup, this is perfectly fine, or you can start by dipping first your lips and tongue in it, which I will appreciate so much that in a few minute the neighbours will get their wake-up call. Of course, don't stop there, you know that neighbours always fall back asleep fast so they need several matinal calls...

Now that we are both fully enjoying our morning coffee, don't hesitate to put the cup in any position you see fit, I will like this too. It's all yours, do as you wish. And when you feel like adding some creamer to it, feel free to put it wherever you want, in the cup or directly in my mouth. I normally don't like creamer per se, but at that moment in time I like anything and everything that comes from you. Yes we baristas like to please our preferred coffee lovers.

Then don't just turn around and fall asleep. I know all about that post-coffee sadness of yours and stuff, but just don't. Hold me for a few minutes, kiss me lightly, caress my body, tell me a couple sweet words... Or simple caress my back. Yes, just my back, I love that.

Then go to the kitchen and bring me a big, fresh, proper cup of capuccino - wait, make it a double espresso macchiato please -with a soft but crispy croissant. Yes, it's your turn to make breakfast, stop arguing. I serve you coffee, you make me breakfast, it's only fair. Stop arguing and run now!

This topic was edited
RE:How to enjoy morning coffee with your significant other

Amazing, Flora... I know, I know, but this is another one for your book... smart, funny, beautifully imagined... I await your masterful interpretation of the Americano, the macchiato, the long black, the latt... I know the coffees mean different things in Europe to Australia... but then our men also don't have croissants to dip (very often anyway). Dipping a TimTam in your morning Bushells doesn't have the same... cachet... it doesn't conjure the same... richness of taste and sensual gustatory delight...
this really brought a smile to my evening... thanks!

This post was edited

Now, I can't claim that I speak for all women, so I'll put it in the first person singular, but I believe that many (most?) women will recognise themselves.Guys, we know that some mornings you wake up with a desire to enjoy a nice cup of coffee - any cup of coffee in fact, but say mine is just more available, it's there, next to you. This is usually because you have dreamt of enjoying one - of course not mine, but that's fine, I know that and I don't mind it so much any more or I wouldn't be next to you when you wake up. And in fact a nice cup of coffee in the morning, served the French way, by dipping your croissant in my cup, can be delicious.Now in the first years of our relation, you remember that whenever you had a croissant in the morning you could basically dip it immediately and unceremoniously, almost without waking me up, the cup would be instantly full and it would be a nice short ristretto which we both loved.But let's face it, now I very much prefer my coffee in the evening, after a nice romantic diner... And sometimes you may have drunk a bit too much and/or are sleepy in the evening and don't want the cup of coffee, you just want to go to sleep. All that while you are often very proud of your morning croissant and want to dip it immediately.I'm not against a nice morning coffee, far from it, but it should be well prepared. Don't wake me up like a hungry Gollum mumbling "my precious, my precious, coffee, coffee", I may be in the middle of a nice dream (yes, it can be about having a cup of coffee with another guy, but this kind of dream is hundreds, if not thousands of times less frequent than your similar one...).So wake me up slowly and sweetly, caressing me lightly, kissing my cheek, ear, lips, chin, going down to my boobs, play with them some good long moments (both of them please, I know that one is closer to you than the other but don't be lazy!), then... stop there. Go no further. You see, unlike you, a cup full from yesterday does not stimulate me and does not make partaking a coffee with you any more enjoyable. Plus, unlike you, we are very keen on the cleanness of our cup before serving coffee in it to you so maybe you give us 30 seconds to refresh a bit?So after these 30 seconds (which were, Ok, 3 minutes in fact) which you have most likely spent with your croissant in the right hand waiting for the coffee (unless you have fallen asleep, in which case we'll postpone the coffee to tomorrow) we can enjoy our coffee together. Now, one thing of importance here is that I am very sensitive to smells and tastes - far, far more than you are, as you well know. So as your croissant may be a bit stale at the beginning and past it's freshest, which may have been eight, but also 24 hours ago, don't ask me to taste it immediately. I'll happily do that a bit later on, after you have dipped it well in my cup and everything in the room smells good of freshly brewed coffee... You may start directly by dipping your croissant in the cup, this is perfectly fine, or you can start by dipping first your lips and tongue in it, which I will appreciate so much that in a few minute the neighbours will get their wake-up call. Of course, don't stop there, you know that neighbours always fall back asleep fast so they need several matinal calls...Now that we are both fully enjoying our morning coffee, don't hesitate to put the cup in any position you see fit, I will like this too. It's all yours, do as you wish. And when you feel like adding some creamer to it, feel free to put it wherever you want, in the cup or directly in my mouth. I normally don't like creamer per se, but at that moment in time I like anything and everything that comes from you. Yes we baristas like to please our preferred coffee lovers.Then don't just turn around and fall asleep. I know all about that post-coffee sadness of yours and stuff, but just don't. Hold me for a few minutes, kiss me lightly, caress my body, tell me a couple sweet words... Or simple caress my back. Yes, just my back, I love that.Then go to the kitchen and bring me a big, fresh, proper cup of capuccino - wait, make it a double espresso macchiato please -with a soft but crispy croissant. Yes, it's your turn to make breakfast, stop arguing. I serve you coffee, you make me breakfast, it's only fair. Stop arguing and run now!

How simply wonderful... you do make the morning coffee sound very tempting and delicious indeed, the thought of dipping my croissant in your coffee is a beautiful thing, and yes of course spending time after tasting such delights is so important.

I do enjoy coffee with no extras, just straight up.

What time is coffee served dearest Flora?

This post was edited

Flora! I love this story. I know exactly how you feel about that early coffee and croissant! And I know about the creamer! And I very much know the rest of that story! Thank you so much for the fun. Its morming in Texas. Frogett xx

This post was edited

I do love dipping my croissant in coffee.
I dont always dream about another cup. I have my favorite one. It fits in my hands so perfectly. I love that feeling early in the morning, I mean those little spots on my cup that make it different from the rest. I do love licking the rim. So smooth and wet and oh the taste is perfect. Not to mention that I love sharing my croissant with you. It always seems that you love the taste also.

But should we have another cup together or even another croissant together ?
Just thinking that we could try even just a black cup of coffee. We can always add creamer later.

This post was edited

Oh by the way !
Looking at the pictures of our wonderful cups. There are some amazing pictures of cups that I would love to taste coffee from. Especially this morning. Hmmm

Maybe not dip my croissant in but oh the thought of ! Ok I have to stop thinking about that, I am getting a pedicure today. Dont want to be a limp croissant , but dont want to be a flaky croissant either. Lol

This post was edited

SPOILER ALERT - IF YOU CAN FIND PEABERRY COFFEE, GET IT. Before I was old enough to actually drink coffee, my mother taught me how to eat fresh ground uncooked coffee before she would put a pot on the stove to percolate. My dad liked cream and sugar in his coffee. My mom liked it straight up, nothing but coffee and water and a pinch of salt. Becoming a coffee drinker eventually, I quickly learned that I did not like the taste of the sugar or any sweetener. Cream was good but unnecessary, either way. Then, at 52 years old, I went to Zambia for two years in Peace Corps and was introduced to peaberry coffee by friends working on coffee plantations. Peaberry is not a special variety, but a size. Coffee cherries usually come with two large coffee beans, sometimes, from the same bush, there are cherries with only one coffee bean inside and it is smaller than the normal bean, hence the name - peaberry. When coffee is sorted through graders, the peaberry beans pass through the graders but the normal sized beans are retained. Peaberries are the good stuff. The first time I had a cup of peaberry coffee it was magnificent and I could feel it working in my body for hours later. It was wonderful! When I got back to the US, I found a source for peaberry from the same coffee plantations, reasonably priced. I prefer dark roast, but, no matter what your favorite roast is, if you can find peaberry, get it. If you get beans and they are not dark enough, continue roasting them yourself until they are. Grind and make a pot or cup or demitasse or whatever appeals to you. THEN have your croissant with the love of your life.

This post was edited

Used to love a coffee and croissant multiple times a day but now less frequently, unfortunately. Or are you discussing beverages?

This post was edited