OW! That stings!

A warning to nudists! I found this out on my own, no scientific research was done, just an observation made by me.
I buy sunscreen to use at the beach etc. I am single, so I do not have a person that I can ask to help cover the hard to reach places on my back and asking a stranger can be unnerving. So I thought, 'Hey, what about those fancy sunscreen in a spray bottle?' I purchased one and took it the next time I went to the beach.
As I sprayed my arms, the first thing I noticed was that it did not look like much sunscreen was coming out, so I made sure to coat pretty well. As I worked the spray towards my back, it was a little easier to get the hard to reach middle of my back. I then moved downward and back to the front...
Apparently this type of sunscreen was not designed for nudists because all of a sudden, I felt a burning sensation 'down there'. Either I am very sensitive there or there is some chemical (probably an alcohol) or perhaps it is the proprellant in the bottle that does not react well with the crotch region of the human form. I felt stinging little needles all over that area and as a person the first thing you want to do is grab the area in pain...well, being a nudist, you don't want to be grabbing yourself infront of others like that. So I just grabbed a towel and patted at it to hopefully soak up some of the spray. The stings still persisted, so I had to suffer the time until the pain subsided.
So...if you plan on using sunscreen in an spray bottle, BEWARE! Just my two cents.
Oh, I also found that said spray bottle will also inform you of any small cuts or scrapes you may have and not know about. :)

Stay Naked!

This topic was edited
RE: OW! That stings!

I've used Banana Boat broadspectrum continuous spray and Coppertone with no issues at all. Possibly because I don't shave "down there."

This post was edited

Why are so many people going to Australia to shave?

Oh yeah, that's "Down Under"

This post was edited

i use bananaboat spf 4 or 8 spray and never had a problem with it causing a reaction, you may be allergic to something in the spray or if you just shaved they may have been the cause.

This post was edited
OW! That stings!

I use the Coppertone SPF-30 spray, which is 75% alcohol, and I haven't experienced the stinging or burning sensation. But neither have I applied it after a recent shave.

This post was edited

I to have had the same thing happen when using Coppertone spray and I do not
shave "down there".

Now when I go hiking or to the beach I use the spray very carefully and use
regular lotion around the genitals and penis.

This post was edited