RE:Contactless hotel checkin

We typically stay at Sheratons, Hiltons and occasionally Marriotts. They all have keyless entry and contactless check in. Still, haven't been able to make it work for us. The front desk has stated that we're doing all that's necessary and being members of each of these hotel chains, we should have not been having issues.

We recently stayed at a motel down by the beach. We were visiting family from out of town at another family member's home. I got a spot next to our room. I got us checked in and we left to visit family. Late that night we returned to the motel/Inn. We got into our room, took our clothes off and unpacked. We'd forgotten a few things in the car (cell phone, water bottles and my wallet). It was about12:45a and I looked out the room door, the coast was clear, and I walked out naked to the car, retrieved what we wanted and walked back. Easy enough if you're parked close and it's late enough.

This post was edited
RE:Contactless hotel checkin

We typically stay at Sheratons, Hiltons and occasionally Marriotts. They all have keyless entry and contactless check in. Still, haven't been able to make it work for us. The front desk has stated that we're doing all that's necessary and being members of each of these hotel chains, we should have not been having issues.We recently stayed at a motel down by the beach. We were visiting family from out of town at another family member's home. I got a spot next to our room. I got us checked in and we left to visit family. Late that night we returned to the motel/Inn. We got into our room, took our clothes off and unpacked. We'd forgotten a few things in the car (cell phone, water bottles and my wallet). It was about12:45a and I looked out the room door, the coast was clear, and I walked out naked to the car, retrieved what we wanted and walked back. Easy enough if you're parked close and it's late enough.

I have Silver Elite in Marriott's Bonvoy frequent booking program due to a fair amount of business travel. I think I got the keyless entry to work exactly once in the last 4 years.

This post was edited