RE:Why are you naked?

I drifted into naturism by accident. Initially I found that stripping off, after returning home from work, was a way to relax; an unintentional ritual where shedding clothes signified the shedding of some of the day's stresses. It felt more comfortable but also somehow safe.
I discovered about a nearby unofficial naturist beach and picked up the courage to visit. Honestly my first few visits I felt a mixture of nervousness and some excitement about the exhibitionist and voyeuristic potential of such places. Gradually I began to appreciate the additional sense of relaxation that came from being fully naked outdoors, there was no discomfort from damp and sand-filled swimwear, any light breeze could be felt running uninterrupted the full length of my body. I found that the other naturists were generally more friendly and keen to spend time and chat than I would experience on textile beaches. Being naked outdoors even surrounded by strangers began to feel natural and normal. Quickly I became totally comfortable about being seen naked, even to the point where I don't mind voyeurs. Now I just think maybe they are curious and maybe seeing how comfortable I am will encourage them to try naturism and hopefully find the same benefits.

This post was edited
RE:Why are you naked?

There are so many good answers here that express the same way I feel about why I like to go naked that all I can add is I feel more comfortable when I am nude.
When I remove that last piece of clothing, it is like a weight being lifted off of me.

Some would consider me an exhibitionist because I have no problem being nude in areas where nudity is not the norm (I have ridden in 14 Los Angeles World Naked Bike Rides) but my motivation is not for some thrill or to shock people but to show that there is nothing obscene or lewd about simply being nude.

I also like to go hiking nude and will often encounter textile hikers. I used to try and cover up but after realizing that most people out in nature do not have a problem with seeing someone nude I only cover up if they seem uncomfortable with my nudity. There have even been some occasions where I have stopped to chat with them about the hiking conditions and how the area has changed over the years.

This post was edited