Certification for incomplete profiles

I am confused by the practice of certifying profiles that are incomplete and dont even have a profile photo. The totally diminishes the point of certification and makes a group like this less useful IMO. I am open to the perspectives of others.

This topic was edited
RE:Certification for incomplete profiles

I am confused by the practice of certifying profiles that are incomplete and dont even have a profile photo. The totally diminishes the point of certification and makes a group like this less useful IMO. I am open to the perspectives of others.

Certification only requires the requisite two pictures and now I guess some form of government ID with your picture and name (other stuff can be blocked out). While not perfect, it does allow a reasonably good filter to eliminate the spam accounts when interacting. I just wish they would limit non-certified and/or non-paid accounts to read only.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Certification only requires the requisite two pictures and now I guess some form of government ID with your picture and name (other stuff can be blocked out). While not perfect, it does allow a reasonably good filter to eliminate the spam accounts when interacting. I just wish they would limit non-certified and/or non-paid accounts to read only.John aka cobeachbum

I don't think that that's true any more. I know someone who was certified just by holding up "the sign". No photo id required.
I also don't think it's kosher to certify people who have private profiles. What purpose does a private profile serve? If you're afraid of being recognized by someone from your company or from your textile friends, then why are they looking for you on a nudist site? If someone mentions seeing you here, then you can ask them "Oh? Are you also a nudist?"

This post was edited

Certification only requires the requisite two pictures and now I guess some form of government ID with your picture and name (other stuff can be blocked out). While not perfect, it does allow a reasonably good filter to eliminate the spam accounts when interacting. I just wish they would limit non-certified and/or non-paid accounts to read only.John aka cobeachbumI don't think that that's true any more. I know someone who was certified just by holding up "the sign". No photo id required.I also don't think it's kosher to certify people who have private profiles. What purpose does a private profile serve? If you're afraid of being recognized by someone from your company or from your textile friends, then why are they looking for you on a nudist site? If someone mentions seeing you here, then you can ask them "Oh? Are you also a nudist?"

Photo id is most definitely a requirement. They may have squeaked by by mistake or they aren't telling you the truth. It does look like a nude photo with the sign is no longer required. Like most things on this site, the directions were only half updated and are thus confusing.

As for the private profiles, I do understand it. I know a few folks who work with kids (teachers, youth groups, etc). All it would take is one parent or religious zealot to throw a hissy fit and they are fired.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Agree, but really I am tired of seeing non certified, no pic, new account asking for friendship all over and going into groups posting WhatsApp, telegram and many more external programs so they could chat/text or whatever outside here, so why even bother to get certified. Any how, have a wonderful nude day!

This post was edited

As for the private profiles, I do understand it. I know a few folks who work with kids (teachers, youth groups, etc). All it would take is one parent or religious zealot to throw a hissy fit and they are fired.John aka cobeachbum

And they call the USA "the land of the free!"

This post was edited

As for the private profiles, I do understand it. I know a few folks who work with kids (teachers, youth groups, etc). All it would take is one parent or religious zealot to throw a hissy fit and they are fired.John aka cobeachbum

If a parents would happen to be on this site and complain, then they themselves must be nudists too. You can turn the tables on THEM.

This post was edited

Its not that simple profiles on the site can be easily viewed on the web without needing to be a member.If a parents would happen to be on this site and complain, then they themselves must be nudists too. You can turn the tables on THEM.

This post was edited

In the early days all you needed to be certified was for the admin to see you were a real person by going on cam. Thats how it was when there were only about 25 of us here when I first joined. After the first wave of crazy I left and when I came back the requirement was a sign with your username and two photos clothed and unclothed. Homemade signs were used. My understanding is the credit card companies raised a ruckus the photo ID requirement was implemented.

I don't think that that's true any more. I know someone who was certified just by holding up "the sign". No photo id required.

This post was edited

Agreed we cant assume we know what is best for anyone else situation. Private profiles are self limiting anyway so no beef from me.

As for the private profiles, I do understand it. I know a few folks who work with kids (teachers, youth groups, etc). All it would take is one parent or religious zealot to throw a hissy fit and they are fired.John aka cobeachbumAnd they call the USA "the land of the free!"

This post was edited

Its not that simple profiles on the site can be easily viewed on the web without needing to be a member.

If the profile is private, you can't see much.

This post was edited