RE:Wearing jockstrap in the gym

When I was in grades 7 through 12, jockstraps were part of the boy's gym kit, and so I saw guys changing into and out of their jockstraps five days a week for all those years. Showers required after gym, so I saw guys out of their jockstraps every day too. It was just the norm. As an adult I often was commando working out, but recently resumed wearing straps after a procedure on a testicle. I am the only one at my gym who wears one, at least that I've noticed. I fit the above category of "older guys". But I went for the "fashion statement" approach--colors, even.

This post was edited

Frankly if you've got the ass for it, can look cool, but guys, for us oldies and the ones that carry a tad more weight then your like to, Na the looks not cool. Better just stick to a bare raw ass. If you think it's got nothing to do with the look, your kidding yourself. I did say frankly.

This post was edited

In junior high we were issued gym clothes. The attire was shorts, T-shirt, and a jock. It was mandatory uniform back in the day.

This post was edited

Frankly if you've got the ass for it, can look cool, but guys, for us oldies and the ones that carry a tad more weight then your like to, Na the looks not cool. Better just stick to a bare raw ass. If you think it's got nothing to do with the look, your kidding yourself. I did say frankly.

I dont usually think of jockstraps as outerwear so the look is for me. alone. Then I was thinking about the jockstrap bar events I attended, so it sometimes is outerwear. Even though Im an oldie I enjoy participating. We each have ideas whats a good look for our ass. So to borrow from a running Seinfeld joke (sorry Aussies) , as far as Im concerned Its real, and its spectacular. LOL.

This post was edited

Yet AGAIN, another troll drops some NEGATIVE shit here then takes off.
Gentlemen! This is a place for POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT!
Furthermore, wearing a jockstrap just might have NOTHING to do with how "Sexy" you think they look on either yourself or another guy.
Let's ENCOURAGE more conversation around how a strap might have a greater effect on your PERSONAL sense of MANHOOD and masculinity within and about YOURSELF!

This post was edited

Like others, I had to wear a jock for gym class starting in 6th grade. I had just turned 11 and still had a hairless, prepubescent penis in no need of support from a jock but it was required. I asked my dad to use one of his jocks and, after trying it on, we both realized that he definitely needed it for support where I didn't. LOL. So he took me to the sporting goods store and got me a small youth jock that fit perfectly. With the exception of wearing a jock through high school, I never wore one again for support. It's not that I didn't need "support", I just found them uncomfortable. I also removed every liner from every swimsuit because they literally squeezed my dick and balls. Years later I joined an underwear group and started going to underwear night at clubs and saw guys wearing "designer" jocks. After doing some research, I found that, in addition to bright colors and styles, I could get jocks with a pouch that holds my dick and balls comfortably. I still don't wear them for any reason other to be seen, but at least they look good

This post was edited

I too have taken to the fashion part of jock straps.
Ive found many different styles and brands. The rainbow ones have been by far my favorite. Anytime I am at the gym I have them on. The feel, the fit, the state of knowing someone may notice or not either way.. great to have them on.

This post was edited

I just found this post I made to a jockstrap thread in the Forums. Thought I repost it here in this discussion.

Years ago, in the mid 80's when I asked a rather sexually "experienced" gay friend where I could find an old school jockstrap, he dick-shamed me in front of a third, saying "Why?? It's not like you've got 'anything' down there to need one!" as they both snickered.
Humiliated as I was, I never lost my "thing" for jockstraps. But because of that gross incident of faggotry, I never felt like I either looked good in one or had a big enough package to "adequately" fill one out.
A couple years ago, a TN friend over a skype call encouraged me to put mine on and told me how awesome I looked in it and how proud I ought to be wearing it, especially at the gym. For the first time I was able to finally get all that bullshit out of my head and experience for myself how incredible it feels to wear a jockstrap.
Feeling the way the straps pull everything together right under my nuts, while at the same time everything behind from my taint to my hole to my ass cheeks is completely open and free, was like a revelation of MANLINESS and MASCULINITY I had never experienced before.
Walking around the locker room in front of the other men of my local community Rec Center, in nothing but my jock, going from my locker to the urinals to take a piss, standing at the sink to rinse my hands, back to my locker to change into my gym clothes, all had a surprising effect not just on my confidence, but on the behavior of a few of the other gentleman there as well. At least two of them OVERTLY repositioned themselves so as to offer me an unobstructed view displaying their full frontal nakedness to me all the while randomly conversing as they changed into clothes or dried off from the shower.
This, along with my workout on the gym floor, always aware of that bunching up under my nuts and my hole free to the breeze (under mys shorts, of course) altogether had the effect of me feeling just, what can I say (?), ALL MAN! I intuitively understood why, for at least a century, men and boys have been wearing jockstraps, most notably with and around each other.
It's called MAN POWER, brothers!
Dudes! I LOVE MY JOCKSTRAP!
Before anyone goes there, yes I agree, doing the same thing completely nude (at least in the locker room) would have an even more profound effect on liberating the locker room culture from its more recent homophobic nudity shaming. That's why I do BOTH as much as possible, where I make sure to respect the nature of my nudity AND the culture of nudism, without doing anything that might be construed as sexually provocative, especially in the steam room.

This post was edited

I like wearing my jockstrap occasionally. I only have one right now. Helps with support while at the gym and or working my physical job that I do work mostly outdoors. My wife dont like them so they are not for looks but for doing a jobs. Unfortunately I never experienced wearing them in school PE time. I never did any after school sports activities. I do feel I totally missed out of some good experiences.

This post was edited

Jockstraps were mandatory at school when I was growing up. In 7th grade we were brought into the locker room where the phys ed teacher asked for our attention and laid out the rules. He told us we were all required to shower for hygiene purposes making a joke about saving our friends and girls from having to put up with our body odor. To ensure that we showered he took attendance in the shower. He would call out our names and check us off on his clipboard. They issued shorts and t-shirts and he held up a jockstrap saying they were absolutely required and we would have to supply them ourselves, giving a few suggestions on where to buy one. Then he pulled the elastic band of his gym pants down a few inches to show us the side of his own jockstrap waist band saying he wore one too. We wore them in 7th and 8th, then all through high school and for sports. Compression shorts had not been invented yet and at that time the only guys who went commando were those who forgot their jocks. I actually kind of miss the pure male environment with so many males in jocks. I found it a very masculine thing wearing one with other guys walking around like that. I still wear them. I am a little self conscious wearing them now. They have become just a novelty and fashion thing and I get looks from young guys. I'm not the only one who wears them but they are now rare in the locker room, as is open nudity. There's alot of modesty or caution or something now.

This post was edited