Suspicious New Profiles

Just did a quick search on newest profiles. Narrowed a little to those with a picture. Vast majority have very similar names such as nudeyrudey or naturist with a code after such as x32373. They are from different countries. All have 1 photo of a face. Just seems very suspicious. Bit sick if all the fake ids on here. There should be a search filter for more than 1 picture, uploaded at different times.

This topic was edited
RE:Suspicious New Profiles

Those generic names nudie_xxx nudist_xxx are system generated names if the user doesnt want to think of a name themselves. It doesn't necessarily mean they are suspicious / fake.

There is a separate thread "Flag a fake" if you want to report a fake profile. You can also search a username in the forum search to see if they have previously been mentioned in the "Flag a fake" topic.

This post was edited

Those generic names nudie_xxx nudist_xxx are system generated names if the user doesnt want to think of a name themselves. It doesn't necessarily mean they are suspicious / fake.
Thanks for this info. I have had no idea, and have reported a couple of profiles with obviously bot-generated names as fakes when they made random-seeming contact. Didn't occur to me that TN itself was the bot!

This post was edited

Thanks for this info. I have had no idea, and have reported a couple of profiles with obviously bot-generated names as fakes when they made random-seeming contact. Didn't occur to me that TN itself was the bot!

I too assume that those names are fakes, I get that the system assigned you an automated name but how hard is it to come up with a name.

Bob. Bob1, bob2, bob 3. NotBob..You get the point.

Even if the member is not a bot Ive come across two recently where one left four contradictory posts about being him circumcised, and another who claimed hed been trying for 20 years to convince his wife to join him at a naturist resort. His age is set to 35 on the profile. Things like these make it hard to believe they are genuine nudists.

This post was edited

I tend to think that if you aren't interested in customizing yiur username or cant be bothered to have your username reflect who you are instead of using a randomly generated username you may as well be fake.

This post was edited

A real drag that poster NudyRudy has already gone through certification (so clearly not a fake) with that name, since changing it requires that you first revoke your certification. Not a good path to lead new users down, particularly those eager to do the right thing early on!

This post was edited

Nudeyrudy with a following number is something that is assigned by TN. I have just rejoined and that is a temporary name I was given.

This post was edited

Mine was system generated, but I can't change it now that I'm certified. I would if I could

This post was edited

You'd have to go to "certification", revoke your certification, then change your user name on your profile, then re-submit your cert photos.

This post was edited

Oftentimes, forethought of consequences is not paramount here on TN. I think TT1 would really like to do better but suspect that a time crunch plays into the outcome. Probably wont change either.

This post was edited