Jockstrap Stories

What stories do you have about wearing a jockstrap? Seeing other men wearing one. Either growing up or as an adult. Keep it POSITIVE and affirming.

This topic was edited
RE:Jockstrap Stories

I love jockstraps, always have. They were such a common thing for so many years, along with locker room nudity and open showers. I took them all for granted. I already described in an earlier thread about how that first day in 7th grade gym class, the teacher talked to us about it all. I think that was a very helpful thing he did. He told us jockstraps and showers were mandatory. When he held up the jock he asked if we knew what it was. A friend standing next to me, Dave who was the class clown, had his own jock in his hand and put it on his arm, sayin I know! I know! It's an elbow pad ! We all laughed. Then he put it over his head with the pouch over his nose and mouth saying, oh no, a face guard! We all laughed harder and the teacher smirked and took control again. Its funny how that's so seared in my memory. No boys, its called an athletic supporter and its to protect you out on the field and in the gym. Any of you who have ever gotten hit directly down here (pointing to his crotch) know exactly what I'm talking about. That's when the teacher pulled down the waist band on his pants and showed us he was wearing a jock. I think now that if a kid went home today and said my gym teacher showed us his jockstrap, he'd be fired on the spot. I already knew about jockstraps. I had seen grown men in them at the YMCA and my own father, and grandfather and an uncle changing in and out of them at public beaches for years.
I hardly needed one at 12, but had been using one for a year for playing basketball. But the teacher drove home that they were mandatory. He also explained that showering together was required. It was a large gang style shower. He drove home the reason for the showering, asking us if we wanted to be walking down the hall or sitting next to some pretty girl we might be interested in, and having them holding their nose because we smelled so bad, not to mention other guys having to put up with it. We all laughed at that too.. He also reminded us that even though our bodies are different we were all the same and he would put up with no making fun of someone for the way they look. He seemed a little awkward as he mentioned guys getting hard.
I don't think he used the word erection. I just said something that made us know what he was talking about, but said it was natural. He did take attendance in the showers. As an aside, he was only my gym teacher that one year. We had a new one the next year, another young athletic former military guy and gymnast and I only saw him in just his jock once, and several of us saw him naked once getting out of his private shower in his office. Again, I think if that happened now, he'd lose his job. We've just been getting more and more prudish in this country! In high school we still always wore jockstraps and in college too. A few times in high school different teachers who coached actually showered with us. That would never be allowed today either. But this was the 1970s and it was just more relaxed.. My nephews played multiple sports and never showered at school. Teams went home sweaty and showered at home. I have a few other much more brief experiences with jockstraps bitbI'd love to hear other guys' stories. I wish more guys wore them. I find them very masculine and I always feel more masculine when I wear one and when I am around other men wearing them.

This post was edited

My first experience was elementary school PE. We wore jockstraps shorts and shirts for PE. I remember liking them then. Later in life started wearing some again. Eventually got a monthly subscription and got to try more styles. Been wearing jockstraps only under work clothes for years now. Definitely not as warm as wearing other forms of underwear. I have 2 drawers full of them now. Even created a jockstrap night at a campground one night at the bar.

This post was edited

I actually had mine on this morning in the gym. There were only 2other individuals there at the time I went, 2 mature older gentleman. I typically wear running shorts with a 3 inseam. The shorter the shorts the better for me..(insert your imagination here), so as I was exercising, I kept feeling the band raise above my short line, causally allowing my shirt to come up over my backside, one gentleman kept following me from machine to machine. I have a suspicion he seen the band, and was curious. Had he asked to see them, I wouldve been happy to oblige to his request. However, I think he made have been a bit intimidated due to the fact the entire gym has cameras everywhere. Its a bit of overkill honestly. Anyway, my excitement was rising, so after my leg workout (squats), I went to the locker room, dis robbed with the exception of my jock patiently took my time to gather my things for my shower, unfortunately neither of the two gentlemen came in the locker room I can only imagine what the outcome may have been.

This post was edited

My first time in a jock was in 7th grade. In those days 7 and 8th grade were separate as junior high. PE or gym class which ever you prefer we had uniforms....this consisted of shorts(and they were the short ones then) a T-shirt and a jockstrap issued by the teacher. The first day of PE we all were in the locker room. The teach came in with a cart. It had the shirts shorts and jock. He would ask each of us our size then hand us the uniform. That first day we didn't change but he showed us the lockerrooms showers etc. he told us we were expected the change and also shower after class....and the showers were the old fashioned communal type.. they next clas was time to change . It was quite the experience some of my classmates were trying to put the jock over their briefs.. he then came into the lockerroom laughed d a little and showed us how to wear a jock. It was really a memorable time

This post was edited

My first of experience of wearing a jockstrap was when I served in the Royal Navy.
I normally wore briefs especially when playing sports and it was during this time I noticed other guys wearing jockstraps.
So I got one to try and found out it was better support and let air flow better.
Ive be wearing them when playing sports and especially when out running.

This post was edited