Please share a time that you were ...

Please share a time when you were uncomfortable with nudity? Did you get over it , or did it cause you to get naked less often?

This topic was edited
RE:Please share a time that you were ...

The very first time I got nude with another man and he started sucking my penis without my permission. I felt uncomfortable around him naked.

This post was edited

How did you get over it?

This post was edited

I was always body shy. Was a late bloomer and it just made me feel awkward. In my late 20s, I decided enough was enough and decided to dive in and go to a nude beach. I loved the sensation of the air and sun all over and just embraced it. Plus nobody else there seemed too shy no matter what their shape or size. Nudism has radically improved my confidence and self image to the point I even explored sittings for art classes and nude photo shoots. So glad I decided to get over it.

This post was edited

I was always body shy. Was a late bloomer and it just made me feel awkward. In my late 20s, I decided enough was enough and decided to dive in and go to a nude beach. I loved the sensation of the air and sun all over and just embraced it. Plus nobody else there seemed too shy no matter what their shape or size. Nudism has radically improved my confidence and self image to the point I even explored sittings for art classes and nude photo shoots. So glad I decided to get over it.

This post was edited

I had severe acne as a teen and one of the standard treatments in those days was exposure to the sun. I had no problem being naked in the locker room, but I was a bit on the pudgy side, and had more breast than I felt comfortable exposing. My dad was constantly on me for being outside with a shirt on which probably increased my anxiety.
In college swim class, we swam nude, and a summer job on a road construction project had me in the sun all day nearly every day. We were allowed to go shirtless, which I did. The acne was less of a problem as was being nude among others. Skinny dipping became high on my list and I spent more time at home sans clothes. I have been naked among the clothed with no inhibitions or discomfort and would love more opportunity to be nude in nature.

This post was edited

I was a body shy teenager, being skinny in an all-male school culture that valued the rugby player build. Despite the Summer heat here, I would rarely be shirtless. It wasnt until in my early twenties when I spent a couple of months in Europe, sometimes staying in hostels with varying degrees of bathroom privacy and including one night in an off-season nudist campground, that I began to question my need to be covered up. Still didnt change much until an even longer stay in Europe at even more hostels with limited privacy in my mid 20s. Started visiting nude beaches after that, but not often as decades later there are still no legal nude beaches in my state.

This post was edited

I had severe acne as a teen and one of the standard treatments in those days was exposure to the sun. I had no problem being naked in the locker room, but I was a bit on the pudgy side, and had more breast than I felt comfortable exposing. My dad was constantly on me for being outside with a shirt on which probably increased my anxiety.In college swim class, we swam nude, and a summer job on a road construction project had me in the sun all day nearly every day. We were allowed to go shirtless, which I did. The acne was less of a problem as was being nude among others. Skinny dipping became high on my list and I spent more time at home sans clothes. I have been naked among the clothed with no inhibitions or discomfort and would love more opportunity to be nude in nature.

We had a neighbor some years ago that had acne in his mid to late 20s. He would sun in a very brief swimsuit. One day I stopped over and saw him sunning in his brief swimsuit, He was embarrassed and annoyed when I saw him. I don't know why because men were much more likely to wear swim briefs then (late 80's) than they are now.

This post was edited

Only the first visit (alone) to a clothing-optional beach. I walked the length of it at first with my swim brief on and my towel under my arm. I decided the best approach was to strip and just go straight into the water for a dip. By the time I'd had enough of the water I was confident enough to emerge and walk the length of the beach and back to dry off. No problem. Apart from that it's been fine.

This post was edited

In the below quote, there's a lack of communication going on if two people are sharing time bare and one of them mistakenly begins to engage the other orally without at least a quick question first. It sounds as though one of those two mouths could have been giving the wrong signal to the owner of the other. Not realizing that someone is about to bend over and begin fellatio might have a tendency to ruin any naked moment.

This is essentially a sexual assault which could have been avoided with nothing more than a little physical distance. Nudity does come with some inherent risks. There is a need to take seriously the fact that with the lack of any physical barrier (aka clothes) to slow it down, there is no easy way to keep someone from engaging in overt, unwanted contact in a split second. A body-breadth apart might be a good idea in the future when dabbling in bareness with unknown characters.

The very first time I got nude with another man and he started sucking my penis without my permission. I felt uncomfortable around him naked.

This post was edited

In the below quote, there's a lack of communication going on if two people are sharing time bare and one of them mistakenly begins to engage the other orally without at least a quick question first. It sounds as though one of those two mouths could have been giving the wrong signal to the owner of the other. Not realizing that someone is about to bend over and begin fellatio might have a tendency to ruin any naked moment.This is essentially a sexual assault which could have been avoided with nothing more than a little physical distance. Nudity does come with some inherent risks. There is a need to take seriously the fact that with the lack of any physical barrier (aka clothes) to slow it down, there is no easy way to keep someone from engaging in overt, unwanted contact in a split second. A body-breadth apart might be a good idea in the future when dabbling in bareness with unknown characters.The very first time I got nude with another man and he started sucking my penis without my permission. I felt uncomfortable around him naked.

I had a less severe but similar situation once.
I was in the hot tub in the male locker room of a hotel.
Most, if not all of the men in the tub were nude.
The man sitting across from me kept touching my foot and ankle with his toes.
At first I thought it was incidental contact, but after a while he started obviously working his way up my leg,
At that point I got out,
He got out too and asked if I wanted to come up to his room with him.
I refused and he didn't pursue it further.
Nothing overtly sexual happened, but this is an example of how some people erroneously assume that being nude together is an implied invitation for sexual contact.

This post was edited