RE:Speedos or board shorts

I think I mentioned this in another group. July or August 1977 was the last time I swam in anyplace, lake, river, ocean, pool wearing anything more than a Speedo. I was 19 then and figured I could wear them foe another 10 years since I figured 30 was too old to wear them. Fast forward to now and I still wear them. A year and a half ago when I moved from Ft Lauderdale to Vero and a 55+ community, I was concerned that I would finally have to switch to shorts at the community pool. I went to the pool and swam and used the hot tub in my speedo to see if there was any problem with me wearing them. There was not, and one of the old ladies there nicknamed me "Mr. Hot bod" I guess they have low standards although I am in better shape than most of the men there. A couple months ago a guy came up to me and said he wanted to thank me. I asked for what and he said he has several Speedos that he uses for lap swimming at the gym, but his wife did not want him wearing them to the community pool since he would be the only one, but if other men there wore them she might reconsider. After seeing me there in my speedo he brought it up with her again and she said OK, lose 25lbs and I will be good with it. A week later, his wife thanked me since he blew the dust off their treadmill and was working out to get himself "Speedo worthy" So when they get back from up north this fall, I may not be the only one at the pool in a speedo.

This post was edited

I think I mentioned this in another group. July or August 1977 was the last time I swam in anyplace, lake, river, ocean, pool wearing anything more than a Speedo. I was 19 then and figured I could wear them foe another 10 years since I figured 30 was too old to wear them. Fast forward to now and I still wear them. A year and a half ago when I moved from Ft Lauderdale to Vero and a 55+ community, I was concerned that I would finally have to switch to shorts at the community pool.

Why did you think the community pool would be different from the pool in apartment complexes you have lived in?

This post was edited

Why did you think the community pool would be different from the pool in apartment complexes you have lived in?

The Ft Lauderdale and Wilton Manors area are much more liberal than Vero Beach. The pool at the first apartment I lived in, for about a year and a half,about 25% of the guys wore Speedos, The next place I lived at, again for about 18 months only less than 5% of the guys wore Speedos, but that was because the pool was clothing optional and the rest of us were nude. I loved that place, but they were converting it to condos and I was in no position to buy at the time, plus they were going to eliminate the clothing optional part of the pool. The condo that I owned for the next 18 years, being in Wilton Manors, the overwhelming majority of us wore Speedos. Fun thing was at one time about 10 years ago it kind of became a contest as to who could wear the skimpiest suit. I showed up one day in a white single layer g-string that became totally see through when wet. I won.
I am still the only one that wears a speedo, or anything even close to it at my community pool.

This post was edited

Why did you think the community pool would be different from the pool in apartment complexes you have lived in?The Ft Lauderdale and Wilton Manors area are much more liberal than Vero Beach. The pool at the first apartment I lived in, for about a year and a half,about 25% of the guys wore Speedos, The next place I lived at, again for about 18 months only less than 5% of the guys wore Speedos, but that was because the pool was clothing optional and the rest of us were nude. I loved that place, but they were converting it to condos and I was in no position to buy at the time, plus they were going to eliminate the clothing optional part of the pool. The condo that I owned for the next 18 years, being in Wilton Manors, the overwhelming majority of us wore Speedos. Fun thing was at one time about 10 years ago it kind of became a contest as to who could wear the skimpiest suit. I showed up one day in a white single layer g-string that became totally see through when wet. I won.I am still the only one that wears a speedo, or anything even close to it at my community pool.

Do you ever wear strings now?

This post was edited

l.Do you ever wear strings now?

No, I never liked them or thongs. I have a few, but rarely wear them.

This post was edited

l.Do you ever wear strings now?No, I never liked them or thongs. I have a few, but rarely wear them.

I bought a couple to wear in my own pool before I got the privacy fence but didn't like it. I got 2 sunseeker Rios after that and liked them and wore them until we got the privacy fence. I then got rid of them because I didn't have to wear anything in our pool and wasn't bold enough to wear them anywhere else.

This post was edited

I think I mentioned this in another group. July or August 1977 was the last time I swam in anyplace, lake, river, ocean, pool wearing anything more than a Speedo. I was 19 then and figured I could wear them foe another 10 years since I figured 30 was too old to wear them. Fast forward to now and I still wear them. A year and a half ago when I moved from Ft Lauderdale to Vero and a 55+ community, I was concerned that I would finally have to switch to shorts at the community pool. I went to the pool and swam and used the hot tub in my speedo to see if there was any problem with me wearing them. There was not, and one of the old ladies there nicknamed me "Mr. Hot bod" I guess they have low standards although I am in better shape than most of the men there. A couple months ago a guy came up to me and said he wanted to thank me. I asked for what and he said he has several Speedos that he uses for lap swimming at the gym, but his wife did not want him wearing them to the community pool since he would be the only one, but if other men there wore them she might reconsider. After seeing me there in my speedo he brought it up with her again and she said OK, lose 25lbs and I will be good with it. A week later, his wife thanked me since he blew the dust off their treadmill and was working out to get himself "Speedo worthy" So when they get back from up north this fall, I may not be the only one at the pool in a speedo.

What kind of swimsuits do most of the women wear?
Too bad she won't let him wear a speedo when he is carrying some extra weight.

This post was edited

The Ft Lauderdale and Wilton Manors area are much more liberal than Vero Beach.

I have heard that you and others mention that those two areas are rather liberal along with Oakland Park. The neighboring community of Coral Ridge is home to one of the largest and most conservative churches in the country. Is there peaceful coexistence or friction between the two cultures?

This post was edited

Our friends had gotten a swim spa and invited us over to get into it. I wore my tan through swimming suit. Because I wanted to see what a swim spa was like. But I know I hated having to wear a swimming suit in a hot tub.Since then, I have not been in their hot tub again. But we got our own swim spa now, and I never wear a swimming suit in it. Not to mention the chemicals leaching from the swimming suit doesnt help this cleaning system in the swim spa. So its always better to go naked.I love the idea of getting a pair of tan through swimming suits to walk around on vacation. Thats a great idea.

I own 3 pair, different designs, of tan thru suits. I took them all for our stay at an all-inclusive resort in Cancun, with our daughter and her family. It was a textile resort, so we had to be covered, obviously. It was summer and it was hot. I had other shorts but chose these tan thru suits as my bottom 1/2 covering for all off the resort excursions. They worked great. I will, frequently wear them to the market or on errands, with a Hawaiian shirt or t shirt.

This post was edited

Our friends had gotten a swim spa and invited us over to get into it. I wore my tan through swimming suit. Because I wanted to see what a swim spa was like. But I know I hated having to wear a swimming suit in a hot tub.Since then, I have not been in their hot tub again. But we got our own swim spa now, and I never wear a swimming suit in it. Not to mention the chemicals leaching from the swimming suit doesnt help this cleaning system in the swim spa. So its always better to go naked.I love the idea of getting a pair of tan through swimming suits to walk around on vacation. Thats a great idea.I own 3 pair, different designs, of tan thru suits. I took them all for our stay at an all-inclusive resort in Cancun, with our daughter and her family. It was a textile resort, so we had to be covered, obviously. It was summer and it was hot. I had other shorts but chose these tan thru suits as my bottom 1/2 covering for all off the resort excursions. They worked great. I will, frequently wear them to the market or on errands, with a Hawaiian shirt or t shirt.
Do yours have pockets? Mine don't.
If not, what do you do with your wallet. keys, phone, etc.?

This post was edited