Security cams

Seems these days almost every business and home has some kind of security camera set up. Most often the front door area, but often in backyards too . I know in the neighborhood at the summer cottage, areas I used to give no thought to wandering thru midweek when owners were not there to go skinny dipping are now plastered with those cams
My understanding is that most cameras now come as a package that includes monitering from a remote location. So far I have not added any security cams at my home . I do have a security system in the house that has a motion sensor but no cams.
Is there a concern about being spotted nude on your own cameras by the monitoring company?
It honestly would not bother me to be seen, I am doing nothing wrong. But I know not all nudist are that comfortable having other see them eve
if only remotely

This topic was edited
RE:Security cams

Anyone who has concerns about being seen nude on a home security system would do well to avoid the remote monitoring option, and also be aware that no matter what, non-hardwired transmissions are being broadcast into the airwaves, giving any tech-savvy individual who wants it bad enough full access to your feed if they get close enough to receive it. Be smart, but try living life less fearful that everyone is out to kill you. Lock your doors when you want but right-size the realistic dangers around you. Depending on your neighborhood and the relationships you have with your neighbors, there are very few reasons to employ these expensive, intrusive, even dangerous monitoring systems. Keep the paranoia at bay and live better.

Seems these days almost every business and home has some kind of security camera set up. Most often the front door area, but often in backyards too . I know in the neighborhood at the summer cottage, areas I used to give no thought to wandering thru midweek when owners were not there to go skinny dipping are now plastered with those camsMy understanding is that most cameras now come as a package that includes monitering from a remote location. So far I have not added any security cams at my home . I do have a security system in the house that has a motion sensor but no cams.Is there a concern about being spotted nude on your own cameras by the monitoring company?It honestly would not bother me to be seen, I am doing nothing wrong. But I know not all nudist are that comfortable having other see them eveif only remotely

This post was edited

We have a doorbell security camera. Its main purpose is to locate where the delivery person has placed our package. If it's concealed enough, no problem. If it is not, I will contact a neighbor to conceal it better or take possession til we are home. I've done the same for them as well. With this security camera, we've still had a couple of items stolen. Ironically, the security video doorbell did not pick up that theft.

My plan is to put a security camera in our backyard. We've never had any issues but what this camera will do is monitor our pool guy's work habits and schedule. There are times where I'm certain he spends less than 5 mins back there. With video proof, I can make a valid complaint to the owner.

I think these security cameras were once a deterrent for thieves, but it doesn't seem to deter them anymore.

This post was edited

I have a wi-fi based camera system. Cloud storage is an option I don't use because the SD cards provide about 30 days of storage. About $75 per camera with very good resolution. Other than that, I really don't care if a monitoring company sees me in my own backyard.

This post was edited

We have a couple of Eufy cams at home and even one in our cabin at Solair. We walk by them nude all the time. Neither Eufy nor Apple (we have them in HomeKit mode) has said anything and if they did I would ask why they are looking at our videos. We aren't paying for active monitoring, so the extent of their involvement should be to host video for us.

This post was edited

Have security cameras at both my main home and my home away from home at resort. I chose the ones link Blink and Eufy that dont require external or cloud monitoring but save video locally on a micro SD card or thumb drive instead.

This post was edited

There are two types of camera monitoring. First is the active montoring. This is where an actual person for the monitoring company is supposed to be viewing your video. I believe that if you have them inside and are comonly nude, the company may contact you to wear clothing or change the camera setup. This would be to avoid their employess being exposed to nudity. They just want to avoid sexual harassment complaints from their staff.
The other montioring is more passive. Products like Ring are supposed to be setup this way. Your video is uploaded to their servers, but nobody is supposed to view it without your permission. Events like doorbells ringing, motion detected, package delivered, etc are done by software and only alert you. You should be fine with this setup. Just make sure you setup the devices correctly. There have been many examples where people don't change the default password or set an easy to guess password and then random people all over the world are watching and downloading your recordings.

This post was edited

I use the Lorex cameras. Use my wifi and stores on a 2TB drive inside my house. Also comes with SD cards in each camera.

This post was edited